ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW ACk. letter

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ersourabhbhola

PSW ACk. letter

Post by ersourabhbhola » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:15 pm

friends I applied for PSW on 23 DEC. with bankers draft(which is s immediate payment), and tracking my special delivery reference number, it says home office took it out from box on 28 dec. I lost my special delivery receipt but know the reference number.

but I havnt got my ack. letter, i am worried about it now. Can anybody tell what to do now?
Sourabh Bhola

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:47 pm

why not use postal order? atleast you can trace it? i.e if/when the payment was taken out etc.

i duno what to suggest really.. maybe ask your bank if it has been cashed yet?

regards

ersourabhbhola

Post by ersourabhbhola » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:33 pm

thanks for reply, but actually bank says money was taken as and when draft was made, but they wont be able to know whether Home office has credited it into their account.
Sourabh Bhola

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:26 pm

even i posted psw documents on 22 dec, still waiting for ack.letter.....

prashanthgpr
Newly Registered

Post by prashanthgpr » Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:53 am

Even i submitted my application on 23rd dec ... i got my acknowledgement letter on 6th Jan ... In that they mentioned that they received my Docs on 5th Jan. But i made a direct debit for the UKBA ... still waiting for the UKBA to Debit from my account. i think there some problem with the application which submitted on 22nd and 23rd ... will see where it goes?

Kasun
Newly Registered

Post by Kasun » Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:35 pm

prashanthgpr wrote:Even i submitted my application on 23rd dec ... i got my acknowledgement letter on 6th Jan ... In that they mentioned that they received my Docs on 5th Jan. But i made a direct debit for the UKBA ... still waiting for the UKBA to Debit from my account. i think there some problem with the application which submitted on 22nd and 23rd ... will see where it goes?
I think that's normal during the holiday season. At least you finally got an acknowledgement. Are you sure they didn't debit money yet, that's kinda strange. Make sure to call customer services and confirm, coz if you are referring to online bank, that's a messy service.

ersourabhbhola

Post by ersourabhbhola » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:08 pm

I confirmed from my bank, home office cashed the draft on 11 jan-2011, but i haven't got my acknowledgement letter yet, so i called 08706067766, they said that i have to send a letter to Croydon asking them to resend my ack. letter as previous one may be misplaced in posting proces.

Its strange why cant ukba entertain these requests on phone as other organisations do....it makes their as well as our life much more easy. they are taking too much time in my case......my friend who applied one day before me got ack letter on 8 jan..dated 4 jan.
Sourabh Bhola

janedoe
Newly Registered

Post by janedoe » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:44 pm

I initially applied on 4th Oct, money deducted on the 8th (Cheque) and didn't receive an akn letter until the 29th Oct. The letter was dated 12th Oct.
Don't bother calling HO, I called several times and their answer was that it takes up to 4 weeks from the day they take the money for you to get your letter.
If you've checked the recorded delivery and know that they have your application, don't worry. If there is any problem they will contact you. There are cases where people never received any letter but got their visa and passport back instead.

ersourabhbhola

Post by ersourabhbhola » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:52 pm

janedoe, thanks for your morale boosting reply, but the matter is my current visa is expiring on 28 jan, if my passport doesn't come back before this date, then i need acknowledgement letter to give it to my current employer to continue my job.
moreover these days before passport they send biometrics letter because now a days they issue brp, i hope i will get that on time......
Sourabh Bhola

Kasun
Newly Registered

Post by Kasun » Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:52 am

ersourabhbhola wrote:janedoe, thanks for your morale boosting reply, but the matter is my current visa is expiring on 28 jan, if my passport doesn't come back before this date, then i need acknowledgement letter to give it to my current employer to continue my job.
moreover these days before passport they send biometrics letter because now a days they issue brp, i hope i will get that on time......
I think tier 1 (psw) is exempted from the BRP. source: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/while ... -need-brp/#

Please correct me, if I am wrong. Hope you will get your Ack letter sooner.

ersourabhbhola

Post by ersourabhbhola » Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:31 am

actually it is required after 14 dec..

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ce-permits

do i need brp section is still to be updated by home-office, it is showing old information
Sourabh Bhola

prashanthgpr
Newly Registered

Post by prashanthgpr » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:24 am

i called customer centre regarding my direct debit... as they saying only one thing that it takes 4 weeks to process . they are unable to do now. they said i will get a call from UKBA if any problem... i dont think so they going to call me for this payment. can anybody have any idea ... my visa expires 28th Feb... i applied it on 23rd dec and got ACK that they received 5th JAN ... Due to direct payment if they return back my application as invalid before my visa expire then i can apply again... i know it . i hope i'll get it whatever the result before Feb 2nd week... but what if i'll get it back after my expires ... can i apply again or what ??? am i eligible to apply again???

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:08 pm

this is a long (very long) shot but it worked for my friend, when he contacted them in March 2010 regarding his psw visa.

he submitted postal order and wanted to confirm directly from ukba if everything was alright (there was a complication through no fault of his own but thats irrelevant)

try contacting someone on this number.

Charging Dept (Home office) 01142072918
Customer Service (Home Office) 01142072966

the lady he talked to, was very nice. asked for some details to search for his case file and even told him that there was no problem and that even decision has been made on the application and should be with you on "saturday" or "monday". he called her on thursday. Lo and behold, he got the visa on Saturday!!!

its worth a shot. i thought it might help you.

regards

ersourabhbhola

Post by ersourabhbhola » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:51 am

Guys,

I finally got my ack letter on 17 jan, dated 12 jan-2011
Sourabh Bhola

Kasun
Newly Registered

Post by Kasun » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:53 pm

ersourabhbhola wrote:Guys,

I finally got my ack letter on 17 jan, dated 12 jan-2011
glad to hear that. Wish you all the best.

Vipin Malik
Newly Registered

Post by Vipin Malik » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:52 am

Friends, I applied for PSW on 21st Dec and I got my ack. letter on 5th Jan. But I am still awaiting the biometrics letter to book an appointment, so anybody have idea that how long it will take to get this letter from Home Office.

wherethefoxgoes
Newly Registered

Post by wherethefoxgoes » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:14 pm

Hi guys,

I've applied for PSW on 22nd Dec, my debit was deducted on 4th Jan. But up to today (28th Jan), I haven't got any letter from the UK Border agency.

Could anyone here suggest me if it's going wrong in this case? I am really worried about this. Thanks in advance for every replies.

internev29a
Newly Registered

Post by internev29a » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:50 pm

Hello everybody,
I have not recieved an acknoledgement letter from UKBA for my ILR application so i phoned them up and the lady on the other end confirmed that UKBA has recieved my application and the money has also been debited from my account so i shouldn't be worried really as no biometrics are required in my case..
I have come accross some cases where an acknowledgement letter is not issued but the visa has been issued without any delays at all. So keep your fingers crossed :)

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:46 pm

internev29a wrote:Hello everybody,
I have not recieved an acknoledgement letter from UKBA for my ILR application so i phoned them up and the lady on the other end confirmed that UKBA has recieved my application and the money has also been debited from my account so i shouldn't be worried really as no biometrics are required in my case..
I have come accross some cases where an acknowledgement letter is not issued but the visa has been issued without any delays at all. So keep your fingers crossed :)
what was your route to ILR.

cheers