ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR on Ancestry - confusion over explicit documents required

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

byronmike
Newly Registered

ILR on Ancestry - confusion over explicit documents required

Post by byronmike » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:33 pm

[u][b] ** Please note - this question relates to ANCESTRY ILR applications only ! **[/b][/u]

Hello everyone

This question I have can hopefully be easily answered !

My wife and I are applying for ILR - we've been here on Ancestry Visas for the last 8 years, and have finally got around to applying for ILR based on our residence over this time.

We are in the process of collating documents, which seems fairly straightforward - but there is a requirement on the form that we both interpret differently.

On Form SET(O), it asks us to provide all the standard documents such as passports etc, but then in section 9C it covers [i]"Employment not requiring a Work Permit."[/i] This Section 9C goes on to say that people in this category are required to submit a confirmation letter from their employer, stating that they are employed and are required for the forseeable future. It also asks for a confirmation of 5 years continual employment. It then lists a whole heap of bizarre occupations - including Minister of religion, overseas newspaper owners, etc etc.

It then goes on to Section 9Q, which is Ancestry, which asks for Birth Certificates and proof of Ancestry only.

I think that I just need to supply the requirements for Ancestral ILR that it asks for in Section 9Q.

HOWEVER my wife says that as Ancestry Visas mean you don't require a Work permit, we need to also provide documents to prove our work history and get letters from our employers to confirm that we have worked over the time we have been here in the UK.

Who is right here ?

As we are applying for Ancestry, I think we just need to supply what Ancestry ILR applications require.

Wifey thinks we need to get letters from our employers, and also get confirmations from our old employers spanning at least the last 5 years as well !

Any ideas ??

Thanks !!

jager

Post by jager » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:33 pm

9C is irrelevant for your purposes, only 9Q is required. Note that 9Q does also ask you to provide evidence of employment or the capacity for employment. On the requirements, see p. 21

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

AntCoe

Post by AntCoe » Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:26 pm

you oly require a letter from your current employer....if you are not working then evidence of you seeking employment is required. examples are a copy of your cv, agency letters confirming that you are registered with them...

cheers