ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Decision reached what next?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

druid
Newly Registered

Decision reached what next?

Post by druid » Thu May 20, 2004 2:36 pm

Hi guys!!

I have just been informed over the phone that a decision has been reached for my application and my passport is submitted to the in-country team to decide on my leave to remain.
Does this mean that the HSMP decision is positive? I was thinking that it doesn’t make since for the in-country team to decide on your LTR if the HSMP decision was negative, but I might be wrong, as I am not very familiar with their procedures. Do you have any information on this issue and how long does it take to receive their decision?

Here are my details for the record :)
In country application, under 28
submitted 29.01.04
Received - 30.01.04
Ref Number: 120**
Decision 19 or 20.05.04

Thanks to all

D

timefactor
Member of Standing

Post by timefactor » Thu May 20, 2004 2:46 pm

Hi druid,

In my case HSMP team took decision on :13 May 2004

I was informed by HSMP team that, currently my case is with in-country team for LTR decision and given contact no and e-mail id for further follow-up

As per in-country team... current turn-around timings are 5 to 6 weeks.

But, till not i've not received my documents back. Just rang-up them and got the info that my documents are not yet despatched!!!

druid
Newly Registered

Post by druid » Thu May 20, 2004 4:20 pm

Thanks TM,

5-6 weeks sounds quite a lot...

But still, do you think that ones your application is with the in-country team for FLT, it means that it was successful in terms of HSMP team assessment?

Thanks

D

Cosmopol
Member of Standing

Post by Cosmopol » Thu May 20, 2004 4:30 pm

It would certainly seem successful to me ;)

timefactor
Member of Standing

Post by timefactor » Thu May 20, 2004 4:44 pm

I'm also having same openion as cosmo.

You can see the recent approvals of Ford and Goodluck in the same way, which gives us positive signs.

Also, in-country team replied back to me that your LTR decision will be made in 4-5 weeks time.

TF

LA_Mike

Post by LA_Mike » Thu May 20, 2004 5:11 pm

Druid, you have the dubious distinction of having the longest processing time (112 days) for an HSMP application I've seen so far. Was there anything unusual about your application (additional documentation requested etc?).

The success of the LTR seems to hinge on being able to support yourself without recourse to public funds... considering you're already doing that I can't imagine any difficulty.

Best of luck,

Mike

druid
Newly Registered

Post by druid » Thu May 20, 2004 5:38 pm

Hi guys

Thanks for the encouragement :D

I feel much, much better now after waiting for so long -16 weeks as LA Mike has calculated :)

I think my application was quite straightforward - It just happened that about the date when I was expecting a decision - at the start of April all types of visa applications from Bulgaria and Romania were suspended by the UK as a result of the immigration scandal. :x Very bad timing ...

To be honest, HSMP team is very swift. The suspension was lifted yesterday and today they have reached a decision - so very quickly indeed. I hope in country team will be so quick

Cheers

D