ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What's the name&reference to the VIGNETTE for Retained R

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Queries
Newly Registered

What's the name&reference to the VIGNETTE for Retained R

Post by Queries » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:41 am

I read somewhere that there is a separate vignette for people applying to retain their rights following a divorce from the EEA national. It was somewhere in the UK Borders Manual or something. I can't seem to find it on this forum, but I clearly remember a member giving a link to this.

There used to be the same vignette used as before the divorce, but then I think UKBA updated their systems and started to issue those vignettes for ex-fam members who retained their rights to distinguish them from the family members.

Anyone has any ideas where this reference can be found, or if anyone has been issued one vignette like that, how is it different to the EEA2 vignette?

Mrfantastic
Newly Registered

Post by Mrfantastic » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:03 am

Homeoffice still issue same vignette for retention as the case with eea2 i know this cos i've just applied for retention and was given exactly same vignette and covering letter as when i applied for my eea2 residence, i dont understand why this staffs aren't given adequate training, now i have to chase up getting a new covering letter stating i retained my right.

bobobo

Post by bobobo » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:37 am

HO issue the same RC and ideally a fresh CL. They got mine initially wrong and when I complaint the caseworker was kind enough to send me a CL with just 2 lines :

Mr XXXX has retained rights on xxx (date) and is no longer dependent on the EEA national to exercise his treaty rights.....

I think this itself does the job.

Queries
Newly Registered

Post by Queries » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:53 am

Hi, i know that they still issue the old style cards, BUT i'm pretty sure a member here has found and quoted some guidance which actually says that the caseworkers shall use the vignetter which clearly states that the applicant retained the right! Can't find it on the internet and if anyone knows it.

It was, i think, a link to updated regulations which amended the old text "shall issue such and such card" with the text "retained right of residence". Anyone any ideas

Queries
Newly Registered

Post by Queries » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:59 am

Got it, right next to this thread http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=64005

Post by 86ti "But it should" and reference to the EEA 2009 regulations (amendment). Just a note to everyone applying for retention, quote this doc to get the correct vignette!

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2009 ... aph/4/made