ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question - ILR SET(M)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jems
Newly Registered

Question - ILR SET(M)

Post by jems » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:04 am

Hi there,

We're just sorting docs for my husbands ILR and we can only find a copy of his birth certificate. Do we need to submit this because on the checklist it has birth certificate but I thought that was for dependants. Is this going to be a huge problem? As far as I knew we needed:

3 months bank statements
3 months wage slips
P60's
Passport photos x2 husband, x1 me
x6 letters spanning 2 years in UK with our names on
Life in UK test certificate

Worried now as we can't seem to locate the original Birth Cert! Please advise.

Thanks.

inglasias
Newly Registered

Post by inglasias » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:23 am

hi, i had my ILR on tuesday 11th Jan 2010 which i got the same day when i went to croydon UKBA. you do not need your husband's birth certificate if he is the main applicant. they need his passport. they will not ask for birth certificate. Birth certificate is only for dependants if you have children showing both your names on the certificate to prove that you are the parents of the child or children.

jems
Newly Registered

Post by jems » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:06 am

brilliant news! Thanks for your reply :-)

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:38 am

Inglasis,

can you please share your experience with us, that will be great help for all of us going to apply soon.

thanks