ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work invitation Belgium

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

partita
Newly Registered

Work invitation Belgium

Post by partita » Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:59 pm

Dear Sirs,

Kindly advise me regarding Work permit conditions in Belgium.
If i receive an invitation for work,how can i get the Work permit and also since i am married,when can i bring my wife to Belgium.
I am from MIddle East.

Thank you in advance for your help

Regards

Ranjit
Newly Registered

Belgian work permit

Post by Ranjit » Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:23 pm

I recently accepted a job in Belgium and got my work permit very quickly (within 10 days of my employer making the application). It was very straight forward. However like in most countries, the employer must make the application on your behalf. If your employer gets you a permit, then in most cases your wife/child can join you, however I don't think your wife will have the right to work in Belgium though.

There are possibilities for non-EU nationals to gain entry clearance (i.e. visa) to Belgium for the purposes of registering as self-employed (and gain a residence permit as such), however this is a complicated procedure (as there isn't a whole lot of documentation published on this subject) and it takes many months to process and you need to have a solid business/revenu model in order to satisfy the authorities such that they grant you such a permit.