ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Decimal point issue with salary in PBS calculator

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

themonsoonhunter

Decimal point issue with salary in PBS calculator

Post by themonsoonhunter » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:56 pm

For some reason Point Based calculator does not accept salary in decimal number. e.g. £51234.35. It gives error saying that negative salary not allowed. Weird coding. :)
My salary is in pound already.
Now in the application form the following question is asked:

"The applicant should input his/her earnings into the Tier 1 (General) points based calculator and provide his/her total earnings claimed in pounds sterling."

Should I mention actual salary or salary bar decimal place e.g. £51234.00? If I don that the salary won't match with the salary slips. Not sure what to do.

Dreemweaver

Re: Decimal point issue with salary in PBS calculator

Post by Dreemweaver » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:25 pm

themonsoonhunter wrote:For some reason Point Based calculator does not accept salary in decimal number. e.g. £51234.35. It gives error saying that negative salary not allowed. Weird coding. :)
My salary is in pound already.
Now in the application form the following question is asked:

"The applicant should input his/her earnings into the Tier 1 (General) points based calculator and provide his/her total earnings claimed in pounds sterling."

Should I mention actual salary or salary bar decimal place e.g. £51234.00? If I don that the salary won't match with the salary slips. Not sure what to do.
£51234.00 is fine.

themonsoonhunter

Post by themonsoonhunter » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:40 pm

Thanks Dreemweaver.

I am inclined to put 51234.35, if it is ok to write. At least this is 100% accurate. Please suggest ?

Dreemweaver

Post by Dreemweaver » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:50 pm

themonsoonhunter wrote:Thanks Dreemweaver.

I am inclined to put 51234.35, if it is ok to write. At least this is 100% accurate. Please suggest ?
I do not think it is an issue. You can go ahead and put the complete number as its 100% accurate as you said. Anyway its just a fraction and is not going to affect your point.

My assumption is that case worker calculates the total earning from the evidence submitted and gives points accordingly rather than just taking the number you have provided in the application form.

themonsoonhunter

Post by themonsoonhunter » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:22 pm

Thanks Dreemweaver