ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Almost ready to file extension...

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pixi

Almost ready to file extension...

Post by pixi » Thu May 20, 2004 2:56 pm

I'm getting ready to send off my FLR next week and just wanted to check in about several things:

First, I was ultra-organized with my original application, using a tabbed file with an annotated exhibit list. It appears to me that the extension application does not have to be so intense (at least I hope that's the case!). I am including a cover letter but was thinking of just attaching all evidence to the back of the application. Would like to hear feedback from those of you who have filed extensions, please.

Second, there is no section to indicate a delivery address for return of all documents and decision. Since I am not home during the day I'd like to have these sent to my office. Can/ should this be done, or will it complicate matters unnecessarily for the officers?

Any other suggestions for extensions, please sound off! Thanks.

Chess
Diamond Member

Re: Almost ready to file extension...

Post by Chess » Thu May 20, 2004 3:02 pm

First, I was ultra-organized with my original application, using a tabbed file with an annotated exhibit list. It appears to me that the extension application does not have to be so intense (at least I hope that's the case!). I am including a cover letter but was thinking of just attaching all evidence to the back of the application.
Pixi

Treat the extension in a similar way as the initial application - you gotta be thorough...

Return address should be specified in the covering letter - I thought there was a plave on the application form where you put your name and contact address

Best of Luck

PS. your renewal should be straight foirward if you are currently employed in your designated profession!!!
Where there is a will there is a way.

Cosmopol
Member of Standing

Post by Cosmopol » Thu May 20, 2004 4:33 pm

Best of luck with your renewal, pixi! I'm sure it will be a quick straightforward process.

Would love to hear how do you find London having lived there for some time now. Is it the same as before, when you were just visiting? ;)

pixi

Post by pixi » Thu May 20, 2004 5:04 pm

Thanks. :) I'm a little paranoid about the application, as usual!

Hmm...I've been here for nearly five months now, and it has been both exhilarating and challenging. Having lived in New York I think made things a lot easier in terms of adjusting to a new city, but other things have been extremely frustrating--mainly administrative details like banking, national insurance, tax, getting utility bills in my name, the underground!, etc. In the US I had credit card companies nearly shoving new cards into my wallet; here I can't get a single one. I'm 17 all over again.

Of course it's different than coming here on vacation. After a while, your day-to-day life is pretty much the same anywhere you go--you still have to cook and do the wash and take out the trash. But I do think people enjoy life here more than in NY. I feel very lucky to have been able to do this, and most of it has to do with having quit everything to come here. It's when you're not afraid to lose everything that you stand the most to gain.

Cosmopol
Member of Standing

Post by Cosmopol » Thu May 20, 2004 5:13 pm

pixi wrote:In the US I had credit card companies nearly shoving new cards into my wallet; here I can't get a single one. I'm 17 all over again.
:lol: I can relate to that - here you can't get rid of their unsolicited offers... but it's great that you have such a nice sense of humor... or is it humour now? ;)
pixi wrote:I do think people enjoy life here more than in NY. I feel very lucky to have been able to do this, and most of it has to do with having quit everything to come here. It's when you're not afraid to lose everything that you stand the most to gain.
Very interesting to hear your thoughts and impressions... and important for me, too, as I might relocate there at some point in time.

Thanks for sharing and best wishes with the whole endeavor! :D

ugurevin
Newly Registered

Post by ugurevin » Thu May 20, 2004 5:36 pm

Pixi:

Just wanted to say that they haven't sent the documents back where I told them to send in my cover letter. They sent my home address. Luckily that day my wife was sick home :)

cheers,
ugur

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Thu May 20, 2004 6:49 pm

Just wanted to say that they haven't sent the documents back where I told them to send in my cover letter. They sent my home address.
The documents should be returned by recorded delivery, so if you are not at home the postman/woman will leave a note and then you can pick up the docs from the post office!!

I dont see any problem with this - or is there? :roll:

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Thu May 20, 2004 6:51 pm

It's when you're not afraid to lose everything that you stand the most to gain.

Pixi,

That statement has made my day!!!

Good Luck with your renewal

Cosmopol
Member of Standing

Post by Cosmopol » Thu May 20, 2004 8:32 pm

Chess wrote:That statement has made my day!!!
Mine, too! ;)

pixi

Post by pixi » Fri May 21, 2004 9:13 am

Well well, your statements have now made my day! :)

Good to know about the recorded delivery thing. Will put my home address on it then.