ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Extension Questions

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Happy28

Tier 1 Extension Questions

Post by Happy28 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:03 pm

Currently, I am living in US. I got my Tier 1 visa on April, 2010. I have visit UK last month, and will go back to find job either in the summer or in winter this year. By the time I go there, it seems that I will lost more than a year.

My question is that what will be the effect when I apply for the extension and settlement? From my situation, how many years I need to live in UK to get the settlement ?

What the requirement will I have to meet in order to get the extension ? Such as:
- Earnings, and the period living in UK...
- Do I need to calculate the point again while I apply for the extension? If so, what is the minum point I have to get ?
- Is it a possiblity of getting the rejection while apply for the exentions ? What factors will cause the rejection ?
- Will current change will affect the my extension ?
- or is there any other things i have to make sure I get it done before I apply for extension.

Can anyone give me the detailed answer or the link of the UKBA which talks about this ( I couldn't find it). I know I have a lot of questions, but they are very important for me to make the decision.

Thanks in advance for those reading and answering my questions. Very appreciated !

Dreemweaver

Re: Tier 1 Extension Questions

Post by Dreemweaver » Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:53 pm

Happy28 wrote:Currently, I am living in US. I got my Tier 1 visa on April, 2010. I have visit UK last month, and will go back to find job either in the summer or in winter this year. By the time I go there, it seems that I will lost more than a year.

My question is that what will be the effect when I apply for the extension and settlement? From my situation, how many years I need to live in UK to get the settlement ?

What the requirement will I have to meet in order to get the extension ? Such as:
- Earnings, and the period living in UK...
- Do I need to calculate the point again while I apply for the extension? If so, what is the minum point I have to get ?
- Is it a possiblity of getting the rejection while apply for the exentions ? What factors will cause the rejection ?
- Will current change will affect the my extension ?
- or is there any other things i have to make sure I get it done before I apply for extension.

Can anyone give me the detailed answer or the link of the UKBA which talks about this ( I couldn't find it). I know I have a lot of questions, but they are very important for me to make the decision.

Thanks in advance for those reading and answering my questions. Very appreciated !
Calculate your points for extension

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/pointscalculator

Select 3rd answer as "Inside the United Kingdom with permission to enter or stay"

and 4th as "Extending your stay in the United Kingdom"

extension details

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... gyourstay/