ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent query about Passport and visa.. Please help

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Astrophy
Newly Registered

Urgent query about Passport and visa.. Please help

Post by Astrophy » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:23 pm

Hi All,

Thanks for all your discussions here in this forum. It really helped me a lot. I have a query please advise.

I got my Tier 1 in Aug 2009 and I am going to apply for extension next year in 2012. My Passport has an expiry date of September 2013 and if I get extension in August 2012 it will exceed the expiry date of Passport. So what is the solution for that?
Should I make a new passport before applying for extension? Can I make a new one then?
or Will they also give visas to persons whose passport is expiring before their visa...??
Please help...

Thanks in advance.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Urgent query about Passport and visa.. Please help

Post by geriatrix » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:31 pm

Astrophy wrote:So what is the solution for that?
Travel with both passports - the valid (new) passport and the (expired) one with the visa stamp.
Transferring your visa to a new passport wrote:You do not need to transfer your residence permit to your new passport. If you choose not to transfer your permit, you should carry both your old and new passports when you travel to the UK - this will prove to our immigration officers that you have the right to be in the UK.

regards