ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WP - Salary in Indian currency

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Want_ILR
Newly Registered

WP - Salary in Indian currency

Post by Want_ILR » Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:35 pm

Hi,

I am in WP for 4 years and about to apply for ILR. My salary is paid in Indian currency and I received allowance in UK for my stay here.

I checked my work permit. It is mentioned as '£14,000 pounds in India' as Salary.

Will it affect my application for ILR?

Can anyone let me know please ?

JAJ
Australia

Re: WP - Salary in Indian currency

Post by JAJ » Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:33 pm

Want_ILR wrote:Hi,

I am in WP for 4 years and about to apply for ILR. My salary is paid in Indian currency and I received allowance in UK for my stay here.

I checked my work permit. It is mentioned as '£14,000 pounds in India' as Salary.

Is it legal for sponsors of work permit holders to pay less than the British norm for the job in question?

OL7MAX
Member of Standing

Post by OL7MAX » Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:07 am

Under some circumstances I believe it is acceptable to pay less e.g. the employer is a foreign mission. In fact, I don't think foreign missions are even subject to minimum wage. I was once employed by the Indian High Commission in London and was paid a pittance, about a third of what you'd normally get. At least it was tax free.

vin123
Member of Standing

Re: WP - Salary in Indian currency

Post by vin123 » Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:33 pm

Assuming you are getting an income slip(even though it is an allowance) from you employers UK office, by all means you can apply for ILR.
Make sure you take all of the those + work permits and bank statements with you.
Good luck !

vin
Want_ILR wrote:Hi,

Will it affect my application for ILR?

Can anyone let me know please ?