ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Lost previous passport for ILR application(HSMP/Tier1)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jseah
Newly Registered

Lost previous passport for ILR application(HSMP/Tier1)

Post by jseah » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:12 pm

Hi,

When I first arrived in the UK under HSMP, I had lost my passport which shows my initial entry under the visa and the first year of holiday travels (all under 7 days).

As I understand, home office will check my total amount of time spent outside the UK however the problem I have is that I cannot prove my first year. How would I get around this issue? Also, how do I prove the date of entry into this country without my previous passport?

Your advice would be appreciated

cheers
-j

bmowen
Newly Registered

Post by bmowen » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:17 pm

Hi Jseah,

I have a similar problem to you except I arrived on a work permit. Do you have an update on how your application went? or is it still ongoing?

I lost my old expired passport with my original visa stamped in it as well. I'm trying to pull together as much information as I can to make sure it goes smoothly.

bani

Post by bani » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:16 pm

This happened to me. I applied for ILR by postal application because I think at PEO it would not have been straightforward without the original passport.

But I did include the ff. in my application (this was 2 years ago)

- SAR file (look for the sticky thread on SAR, that says how you can apply for it) that included a copy of my landing card stamped by immigration with date

- first bank statement in the UK which proves I was there that month

- first payslip in the UK which proves I started working that month

- letter from my first UK employer stating my start date

frey80

Post by frey80 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:20 am

bani wrote:This happened to me. I applied for ILR by postal application because I think at PEO it would not have been straightforward without the original passport.

But I did include the ff. in my application (this was 2 years ago)

- SAR file (look for the sticky thread on SAR, that says how you can apply for it) that included a copy of my landing card stamped by immigration with date

- first bank statement in the UK which proves I was there that month

- first payslip in the UK which proves I started working that month

- letter from my first UK employer stating my start date

lost previous passport, i went to peo last friday, case worker was able to find my previous visa record but my application was deferred as further check required.

he took some time to check for the information on my lost passport and appears he can get landing card from his network.

he mentioned that he was happy with my documents personally, and at the end he just ask for my employer letter and briefly asked me few question about the absense, appears he was out of time...