ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Date of application for naturalisation.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

1rithu23
Newly Registered

Date of application for naturalisation.

Post by 1rithu23 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:15 pm

Hi
I came into UK on the 20th Feb and i success fully received my ILR on 1st Feb 2010.
i am looking to apply for my naturalisation sometime in Feb.The only thing is that i was on holiday from Jan 29th till 28th Feb 2006 and i was told that the applicant should have been in the country 5 years before on the date of application i.e 1st Feb 2006 if not the application would be rejected.
Can you please confirm this id the case and let me know when can i apply for my naturalisation.

many Thanks

wunder
Member of Standing

Post by wunder » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:30 pm

It is true - if you will apply early, your application will be rejected. You can apply from 28th of February.
Last edited by wunder on Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

vinny

Re: Date of application for naturalisation.

Post by vinny » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:43 pm

1rithu23 wrote:Hi
I came into UK on the 20th Feb and i success fully received my ILR on 1st Feb 2010.
i am looking to apply for my naturalisation sometime in Feb.The only thing is that i was on holiday from Jan 29th till 28th Feb 2006 and i was told that the applicant should have been in the country 5 years before on the date of application i.e 1st Feb 2006 if not the application would be rejected.
Can you please confirm this id the case and let me know when can i apply for my naturalisation.

many Thanks
Apply after 28th Feb.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

1rithu23
Newly Registered

naturalisation

Post by 1rithu23 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:24 pm

Thank you very much for your reply
Much appreciated

Rithvik