ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family Visitor Visa for my Wife - I am on HSMP visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sureshpn
Newly Registered

Family Visitor Visa for my Wife - I am on HSMP visa

Post by sureshpn » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:18 pm

Hello Everyone,
I need to know if there are any obligations if I call my wife for a month or so through family visitor visa. Details of my situations are like these : -

1) I got HSMP visa (which is now Tier-1) on Oct 2008 fo 3years. Could't able to enter UK till Oct 2010 due to personal and my previous employer commitment.

2) Got Job from Jan 2011 and I have 10months for HSMP expiry. So have to apply in Sep 2011, which will be 9months of income. Well I know the issue is extension criteria for me :? .

In the mean time I wish to call my wife to UK on family visitor visa for month or so during April. I don't want to apply for spouse visa as my extension is under pressure. If anybody knows the following information please reply at the earliest :

1) Is there any rule which says I shouldn't apply in certain duration for family visitor visa before my expiry of HSMP / Tier-1.

2) Will there be problems in future if my wife applies for spouse visa once I get extension ??

3) Will there be any rejection for currently planned family visitor visa, saying that I am not supposed to apply for Family Visitor visa ???

4) Any other information, :idea: Please let me know.

Cheers,
Suresh

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:11 am

1. AFAIK, there is no documented rule to suggest so. But the earlier she applies for entry clearance the better it will be.
2. Your wife cannot apply for spouse visa unless you are granted settlement. but she may apply for dependant visa while you are a Tier 1 (General) migrant. This said, applying for visitor visa or travelling to UK on a visitor visa will not have any negative influence on any future entry clearance application as a dependant.
3. Unless the applicant can provide evidence(s) of strong ties to where he/she will be returning to (e.g. - home country), it is likely that the entry clearance application (as visitor) may be refused.

regards