ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to change name on spouse visa?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ortkyq
Newly Registered

How to change name on spouse visa?

Post by ortkyq » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:40 am

hi everyone,

i am from hong kong and got married with my british husband in nov 2009. i applied the spouse visa straight after the wedding and i have granted my visa successfully. however, we were so desperate to be together and i forgot to change my surname into my husband's.

is anyone may advise how i am going to do it? do i have to go back to hong kong to change my name in the passport etc? if so, how can i change my name of my spouse vise? may i just change it by deed poll?

also, my name is aaa bbb ccc, and because the difficulty to pronounce my first time, i would like to change it into an english name, such as mary bbb ddd(my husband's surname), may advise how i should get it done?

many thanks for your advises and help!

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:05 pm

What is your name on your marriage certificate. Is it your name or your husbands name?

To change it simply go to a solicitor and ask for a change of name. He will be able to go through procedure with you and change the name to whatever you want.

He will do an official change of name deed for you in writting.

Once you have got this, you then have to cease using your old name and must use your new name.

When you want to change wit with any official organisation, just send them a standard letter saying you have changed your name and can they they start using the new name and to amend their records.

Write to every organisation like your banks, HMRC,Local authority, Home Office,and anybody else you may know or have had contact with, enclosing a copy of your change of name deed.

The above should be fine to get your name changed. They are various organisations who will do it for a fee. Just look up on internet