ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Effect of previous convictions/ Cautions in Citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

BDS
Newly Registered

Effect of previous convictions/ Cautions in Citizenship

Post by BDS » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:59 am

Hi!

Can someone please tell me if the following offences will and dates thee occured will bar me from naturalising to become a British Citizen.

Offences:

a) Convicted of drink driving in 06/2003 and banned from driving for 2 years plus a fine.

b) Cautioned by police for an offence of facial/ religious harassment or distress words in 10/2005.

c) Penalised and fined by a court for driving with a provisional licence and without insurance in 05/2006. Offence was committed in 11/2005 but was not summoned to court until 6 months later. I have since got my six points back after 4yrs.

d) Cautioned by police for offence of Assault by battery on 01/2009.

Can someone tell me what's is considered as adequate rehabilitation on all these offences and my chances of being granted Citizenship. I have held ILR for nearly 6yrs now having been granted refugee status.

I have not been in trouble with the law since the last offence and have turned my life around to be a sound citizen of this country. Please note most of these offences were due to immaturity but that has been changed by recent developments in my life i.e the birth of my 18 month old baby who keeps me focused than ever.

Please kindly advise on this matter as I don't not want to lose money when I hand in my application. If at all possible please let me know how much more time I have to wait before applying.

Backer
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Backer » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:08 am

a) Convicted of drink driving in 06/2003 and banned from driving for 2 years plus a fine. 5 years beacuse of the fine so spent already
b) Cautioned by police for an offence of facial/ religious harassment or distress words in 10/2005. Not a conviction.

c) Penalised and fined by a court for driving with a provisional licence and without insurance in 05/2006. Offence was committed in 11/2005 but was not summoned to court until 6 months later. I have since got my six points back after 4yrs. 5 years because of the fine so May/June 2011

d) Cautioned by police for offence of Assault by battery on 01/2009. Not a conviction

BDS
Newly Registered

British Citizenship/ Convictions and cautions

Post by BDS » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:35 pm

@Backer: Thanks for the information it was really helpful, this service definitely needs people like you to keep it going. Once again thank you very much.