ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Will a month's time be enough??

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dee.musaka
Newly Registered

Will a month's time be enough??

Post by dee.musaka » Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:59 pm

Hi

I am in the UK on a spouse dependent visa that will expire in 1 month time and my spouse is not extending it.I believe that I have all the necessory documents to claim 65 points and

My question is

Will a month's time be enough to get the application assessed?
What could be done to make the application to be considered faster?

Kindly suggest

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:59 am

Will a month's time be enough to get the application assessed?
It would depend. A lot of decesions are being taken inside a month so you stand a good chance. You have very little time to loose.
What could be done to make the application to be considered faster?
A job offer with an urgent treatment form

dee.musaka
Newly Registered

Post by dee.musaka » Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:02 pm

Thank you for the reply. Since I can only show the work authorization till April, my applications are not put forward by recruiters, so I am unable to even reach the level if an interview/offer.I have also been noticing that people get their applications assessed pretty faster these days, this is the only hope that I have...

Your comments,tips etc will be greatly appretiated..

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:28 pm

Send in your HSMP application as soon as possible with the required documentation. There is no gaurentee that your application will be processed within the month but there is cause to be optimistic about it.

You said you are on a dependent visa. On what visa is your spouse? Have you found out if you are allowed to switch in country? If not, then the whole point is moot anyway, as you would have to go to your home country to apply for EC.

dee.musaka
Newly Registered

Post by dee.musaka » Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:22 pm

Yes, I am sending this week and optimistic.I am on a EEA1 family permit.My wife is a citizen of Czech Republic, we were in UK for the last 1 year and she will go back to start her post graduation studies.I still hold Czech residency so going there to apply for EC wont be a big issue.I am originally from Sri Lanka.

xray girl
Newly Registered

Post by xray girl » Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:33 pm

You dont need to have the application assesed and returned in the month, you only need to have lodged the HSMP and the FLR (IED) aplication before your other expires. Just insure the HSMP apliaction is in before the FLR (IED)- I submitted my HSMP appliaction 3 days before my FLR (IED). Whatever visa class you are currently in will continues until a decision is made on your application.