ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

job change under same company,affect ILR???

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ronnng

job change under same company,affect ILR???

Post by ronnng » Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:04 am

hi there, i am currently on WP and if my calculation rite, i am good to apply for my ILR now, but there is some complication..

1. the job i'm doing now is different than what is on my WP(i've been promoted to a completely different position,eg, f&B --> finance dept), although is under the same company, would it be a problem when apply for ILR??
2. when apply for ILR, the letter from my employer, is it neccesary to mention my job title, salary and start date? or what is ?
3. during my 4 years wp, i hv changed company once, which leaves a gap of one month in between employment (waiting for change of wp), would it be a problem?
4. i love travelling, i often goes off to EU country for a weekend here and there. would it be a problem?

please please please help....... :oops:

thank Q

ronnng

vin123
Member of Standing

Re: job change under same company,affect ILR???

Post by vin123 » Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:47 pm

1. the job i'm doing now is different than what is on my WP(i've been promoted to a completely different position,eg, f&B --> finance dept), although is under the same company, would it be a problem when apply for ILR??
As long as your payslips have the same employer name, depatments doesn't matter.

Code: Select all

2. when apply for ILR, the letter from my employer, is it neccesary to mention my job title, salary and start date? or what is ?
Any recent letter from the employer which has your name, company name and letter contents relevant to your employment (like salary increase, deputation, promotions, allowance etc ). Employer needn't even know that you are applying for ILR.

3. during my 4 years wp, i hv changed company once, which leaves a gap of one month in between employment (waiting for change of wp), would it be a problem?
No.

4.  i love travelling, i often goes off to EU country for a weekend here and there. would it be a problem? 
Yes, Only if you created problem on those Saturday evenings binge drinking :lol:

please please please help....... :oops: 
Chill out...you will be fine and good luck

ronnng[/quote]

ronnng

Post by ronnng » Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:31 pm

thanks Vin 123, tht does certainly put my mind at ease a little.. :P

i have one problem though, coz of what was on my wp (which is F & B assistant manager) and on the letter from my company, it says my current role is Accounts Assistant, which is totally different. would be create a problem or you think is best not to put the job title down on the letter?

thank Q thank Q