ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for Tier 1 Dependant(Spouse)-2 years rule

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ukmigrant2011

ILR for Tier 1 Dependant(Spouse)-2 years rule

Post by ukmigrant2011 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:52 am

Hi All,
I am on Tier 1 General Visa for the past one year and with previous years on WorkPermit, and I am eligible for ILR next month. From the guide lines I under I need to use SET(O) application Form. I need your advice on whether I can add my spouse in the same form and apply together.

We are married over 2 years and my wife entered UK as dependant on 05-Jan-2009 on my WorkPermit as dependant VISA and then shifed to Tier 1 dependant along with my shift to Tier 1. As per my understanding the rules are saying that my wife should have lived in UK for minimum of 2 years before she apply for ILR, which she has completed in principle.
My question is are there any rules for dependants also that they should nto be outside UK for more than 90 days, 180 days etc. The reason for asking this is though she entered UK two years back, she was out of UK for around 8 months in between. Will this be any problem ?
Your help is appreciated

Cheers

xyz123

Re: ILR for Tier 1 Dependant(Spouse)-2 years rule

Post by xyz123 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:24 am

ukmigrant2011 wrote:Hi All,
I am on Tier 1 General Visa for the past one year and with previous years on WorkPermit, and I am eligible for ILR next month. From the guide lines I under I need to use SET(O) application Form. I need your advice on whether I can add my spouse in the same form and apply together.

We are married over 2 years and my wife entered UK as dependant on 05-Jan-2009 on my WorkPermit as dependant VISA and then shifed to Tier 1 dependant along with my shift to Tier 1. As per my understanding the rules are saying that my wife should have lived in UK for minimum of 2 years before she apply for ILR, which she has completed in principle.
My question is are there any rules for dependants also that they should nto be outside UK for more than 90 days, 180 days etc. The reason for asking this is though she entered UK two years back, she was out of UK for around 8 months in between. Will this be any problem ?
Your help is appreciated

Cheers
you should be ok. include her in your application. SET(o) form asks about absences from UK but only for main applicant.

ukmigrant2011

Re: ILR for Tier 1 Dependant(Spouse)-2 years rule

Post by ukmigrant2011 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:34 am

Dear xyz123, thanks for your answer.