ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General Queries

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

faranjust4u
Newly Registered

Tier 2 General Queries

Post by faranjust4u » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:19 am

Hi,
I have some basic Tier 2 General queries.

I am currently working for a company for under £22K salary for more than 6 months and have asked my company if they can apply for COS. They are registered under Tier 5 Exchange Programme (A category) and not under Tier 2 General on the Sponsorship Management System.

My question is :
1) If they apply for a licence for Tier 2 General, how long will it take them to get the licence.
2) After getting the licence will they get any allocation for a COS and if yes how long it generally take in such circumstances.
3) Based on my salary will it be difficult for them to get a COS.

I have a lot of time before I apply for my Tier 2 so just would like to know whether my current company can get a COS done for me.

Many Thanks

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 2 General Queries

Post by arsenal49 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:25 pm

faranjust4u wrote:Hi,
I have some basic Tier 2 General queries.

I am currently working for a company for under £22K salary for more than 6 months and have asked my company if they can apply for COS. They are registered under Tier 5 Exchange Programme (A category) and not under Tier 2 General on the Sponsorship Management System.

My question is :
1) If they apply for a licence for Tier 2 General, how long will it take them to get the licence.

anywhere between 4- 6 weeks...

2) After getting the licence will they get any allocation for a COS and if yes how long it generally take in such circumstances.
0 allocations

3) Based on my salary will it be difficult for them to get a COS.
whats your job title according to code of practice? once you have found that out, check if you are earning enough for that category

I have a lot of time before I apply for my Tier 2 so just would like to know whether my current company can get a COS done for me.

Many Thanks

faranjust4u
Newly Registered

Post by faranjust4u » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:07 am

So if they have got 0 allocations how would they apply for COS, if they have to?

I am currently a Jr.Web Developer in the company, however I couldn't find the exact job title in the Standard Occupation Classification Code of Practice. My salary is around 22k, is that enough for my category?

faranjust4u
Newly Registered

Post by faranjust4u » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:52 am

I found the SOC Code for my job role. It is the Web designer role.

It is skilled at N/SVQ level 3 or above and the appropriate salary for the job is £26k.

However I am just get around £22k, will I still qualify for a COS under Tier 2 General. I will be switching from PSW.

Many thanks

clippedw

Post by clippedw » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:10 am

faranjust4u wrote:I found the SOC Code for my job role. It is the Web designer role.

It is skilled at N/SVQ level 3 or above and the appropriate salary for the job is £26k.

However I am just get around £22k, will I still qualify for a COS under Tier 2 General. I will be switching from PSW.

Many thanks
I'm afraid not :(

faranjust4u
Newly Registered

Post by faranjust4u » Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:37 am

Is it that I need to show last 6 months salary as 26k or just current salary at the time I apply should be 26k?

Does it have to be exactly 26k and above or slightly less will do?

Many thanks

clippedw

Post by clippedw » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:03 pm

faranjust4u wrote:Is it that I need to show last 6 months salary as 26k or just current salary at the time I apply should be 26k?

Many thanks
It is future expected salary so what your employers state that they are going to pay you.The 6 months payslips will only be to prove that you have been working for them for at least 6 months. The salary has to be at least what the code states so nothing less

mt_dilber

Post by mt_dilber » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:11 pm

faranjust4u wrote:Is it that I need to show last 6 months salary as 26k or just current salary at the time I apply should be 26k?

Many thanks
* salary has to be exact (without allowances/overtimes etc but high cost area allowances can be added) or higher.
* Proof of salary is what is given in ur COS by ur employer no matter what ur payslips say, 6 months payslips are just to prove that u have been working for this employer for 6 months.

u can also attach a letter from ur employer showing ur current (at the time of tier 2 appl.) salary.

faranjust4u
Newly Registered

Post by faranjust4u » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:05 pm

what can be the proof of salary for an employer.

For ex. if i am on a current salary of 22k and my employer says 26k while applying for COS, what proof will they have to submit?

Sorry I am bit confused. I have read the UKBA website but couldn't understand the whole scene.

Let me explain my situation.
Current Visa : PSW (Expires 1st Feb 2012)
Current Salary : 22k
Employer : Ready to apply but registered only under Tier 5 (need a license)

If the employer say for ex. apply for COS around Mar/April once they get a license and says that the salary to be 26k, what would they need for a proof and from when will they have to start paying me 26k.

Sorry to be a pain & thanks everyone for your views and opinions. :)

mt_dilber

Post by mt_dilber » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:09 pm

Ur COS will be the proof. however u can also attach a letter from ur employer stating ur salary at the time of tier 2 application.
as it will be futuristic salary so they should start paying you from the date of start of ur job (i.e start date of ur tier 2 visa).

faranjust4u
Newly Registered

Post by faranjust4u » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:23 pm

Sorry to bother you again

What if they don't pay later what they have said while applying COS.

Does my employer has to submit any document when they apply for my COS (to show the salary will be 26k)

And also since I am working for my employer for the past 6 months and currently on psw visa i won't have to go thru RMLT. is that rite?

Thanks

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:59 pm

if govt. find out that your employer is not paying you according to COS, they might lose their tier 2 registration among other nasty things lke fines etc.

when you come around to extend your tier 2 visa... and your past salary does not add up.... you ,an appliant, is in trouble! not to mention your employer!

no, you don't need RLMT since you are on psw....

regards

faranjust4u
Newly Registered

Post by faranjust4u » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:50 pm

Reading some other post I came across this that :

When you apply for a licence you get 0 allocation for COS. And since you have 0 allocation you have to request for an additional allocation.

At the moment employers with 0 allocation are only getting COS if the applicants salary is above 36k.

In that case what could be the possible solution? Will I have to keep on trying every month to see if I can get a COS in that month?

I still have a lot of time before I apply.

If my employer apply for a licence now and get it approved before April, will they be allocated any COS after the April 06 change in Tier 2 general?

Many thanks for your help.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:02 pm

criteria for shortage occupation is a bit less stringent...maybe you can look into that...

no automatic COS being issued... to even new employers before April 2011...

faranjust4u
Newly Registered

Post by faranjust4u » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:08 pm

I don't fall into the shortage occupation list unfortunately.

So is there any possibility to get a COS considering my case?

Thanks

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:18 pm

hopefully they will make some changes in April 2011... favourable to PSW holders...

otherwise....maybe start looking to find a new job!

regards

faranjust4u
Newly Registered

Post by faranjust4u » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:24 pm

I have actually got a job in Accenture, thats the reason I was asking.

I don't want to leave the current job as its going good here. And also with Accenture they are not 100% sure whether they will be able to get a COS because of the limit imposed on them.

Now I don't know whether to leave this job and join Accenture or continue with this job.

Your opinions are most welcomed.

Thanks

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:28 pm

its simple....

answer this questoin...

can you get COS from your current employer. now or even in 6-8 months time!

if your answer is "yes", stay, ... if its "no", look for alternatives(Accenture)...

regards

faranjust4u
Newly Registered

Post by faranjust4u » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:34 pm

That's what i want to know, if I can get COS from my current employer.

They are ready to do it, but as per all the restrictions I want to know whether they will be able to do it.

As per now I am meeting all the criteria but if UKBA is only issuing COS for salary above 36K then it would be a problem. They haven't mentioned this anywhere on their website but going through the forum I got this information and now I am not sure whether its true and this will be the case even after 8-9 months when I will actually apply.

Thats the only issue.

Thanks for all your concern.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:44 pm

to give yourself best chance.... get a job which pays you the most and hope for the best.... keep looking at the jobs in shortage list...

hopeully it will be better situation for psw holders after april 2011

regards

COS is the main issue for all psw holders, everything else is piece of cake!

wanted66
BANNED

Post by wanted66 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:06 pm

faranjust4u wrote:That's what i want to know, if I can get COS from my current employer.

They are ready to do it, but as per all the restrictions I want to know whether they will be able to do it.

As per now I am meeting all the criteria but if UKBA is only issuing COS for salary above 36K then it would be a problem. They haven't mentioned this anywhere on their website but going through the forum I got this information and now I am not sure whether its true and this will be the case even after 8-9 months when I will actually apply.

Thats the only issue.

Thanks for all your concern.
Oh Wow guess we both in the same boat ! I got only 7 months left :( You atleast have another year dude :)

I don't know what the hell is going to happen ! Just stressed already :(

This whole system is really f*cked dude.. All the dodgy once got through and when you try to be genuine you're f*cked. lol

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:10 pm

that makes three of us in the same situation!

faranjust4u
Newly Registered

Post by faranjust4u » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:21 pm

Wish you all the very best..

Do keep posted whatever happens and if UKBA comes up with any new rule for us.

Thanks very much for all your concern.

wanted66
BANNED

Post by wanted66 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:27 pm

faranjust4u wrote:Wish you all the very best..

Do keep posted whatever happens and if UKBA comes up with any new rule for us.

Thanks very much for all your concern.
All the best to you too mate..Will update you gus further..