ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Best route for applying for ILR(Husband and son granted ILR)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Vin77
Newly Registered

Best route for applying for ILR(Husband and son granted ILR)

Post by Vin77 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:43 am

Hi,

My case is probably a bit peculiar - my husband and son have been granted ILR recently. I could not be included in his application as I realised in the last min that I was on my own WP and not on a dependent as the rule states.

Now I am wondering what's the best option for me to get ILR?
1) Apply independently on my WP - I become eligible in Nov '11 BUT my case seems a bit risky as I had spent 121 days at a stretch outside the country in 2008-09. My totaly absences are 180 days which is exactly on the total limit but am not sure how they would view the 121 days gap
2) Switch to spouse visa - I will then have to spend another 2 years on it before I become eligible for ILR
3) Is there a faster option? Considering my husband and son have settled status now, can I not be granted ILR without waiting for 2 years?

Any inputs would be appreciated.

Thanks
Vin

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:33 pm

Is the 121 days (single) absence from UK work related?

regards