ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA family permit

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ushatka
Newly Registered

EEA family permit

Post by ushatka » Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:07 am

Hello everyone,
need an answer for a few questions.
My husband is from the dominican republic and i'm polish. we got married las november and now we are tryin to sort out all of the papers to apply for EEA FM . Obviously we are extremly worried that the UK border can refuse the application. We both 21 and we know each other since june 2009. but we are together since march 2010. i live in uk for over then 2,5 yrs.i've got a full time job since then and never been on any benefits. i go to the dominican every two o 3 months. and that cost a lot thats why we dont have much savings. We have a lot of photos togehther. talkin on phone everyday or skype. i've got my stamps in the pasport.have a confirmations from travel agency that i always stay in the hotel where he works right now. we got married last nov and our families were there. I ve got every document sortet as. WRS with home office. just rented an apartament just for me and my husband. and my landlord will write aletter that we will be living there e.g for a year we will provide aur bank statements( do i have to have savings if ive got a pernament job ?? ) letter from work sayin i'm full employed etc marrige certificates. copy of my passport.

i want to travel there on 10th feb when we should apply to be able to go to the british embassy together to submit al biometrics?? (i can go only for a week ) I know that they might call as for an interview if so what they can ask about??

anyway how the processin time looks like when we apply for a visa?? if he will get it ( applyin in feb) can we travel to uk in march together ?? do i need to buy tickets now or its enough if i will write we gonnatravel together?

any advice ?? pls help !!!!!!!!

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:02 am

You have to show that you are a qualified person. As a worker you can show e.g. an employment letter, payslips or a work contract. You will also need your passports and the marriage certificate. Since you have been married only since recently it may be a good idea to show the history of your relationship. No airline tickets needed now just a cover letter explaining that your husband will be joining you in the UK. The letter from the landlord and bank statements are not needed either.

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/ecg/eunati ... milypermit

ushatka
Newly Registered

Post by ushatka » Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:40 am

i will travel with my husband :) what else we have to provide ?? u think he will get an eea permit in march if we will apply in feb ??
we will have our certificates in english ( mine and his just in case :) ) does he have to have the letter from the bank and his employer in english as well ?? in his work they dont provide it in english only spanish . Any ideas ?

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:49 am

Your husbands employment data or financial standing it pretty much irrelevant. It's about you. Please reread what I have written above and also read the link I have given you.

For estimates of processing times look here
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/processingtimes

ushatka
Newly Registered

Post by ushatka » Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:59 am

ohhh sounds even better :) i've got everytnih pretty prepared :) do i need any savings ?? how many months back i need on my statements and payslips ??

u dont even know what your help means to ppl who look for some advice :)
thank u :)

ushatka
Newly Registered

Post by ushatka » Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:11 pm

think 3 months back with all docms is enough :)

ushatka
Newly Registered

Post by ushatka » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:14 pm

can we provide just a copy of my passport ??

ushatka
Newly Registered

Post by ushatka » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:42 am

ushatka wrote:ohhh sounds even better :) i've got everytnih pretty prepared :) do i need any savings ?? how many months back i need on my statements and payslips ??

u dont even know what your help means to ppl who look for some advice :)
thank u :)

hello
on the EEAfp visa apliction is a question if my husband wants to come to the uk and work,i think thats obvious. Is it ok if we provide a letter from his future employer sayin that he will get a job when he will come over ?/ because i think he has all rights to work in the uk as a family member of eea.just asking if it can help ??? letter wont show that its a contract just will say that if my husband wants he will get that job (obviously he wants because its a job what he is doing in his country right now). ohhh and the person writin a letter wont have to pay any sponsor fees (because my husband is comin over as a member of family not for a workin visa)am i right ? i just dont want my friend to have any problems because of that.

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:56 pm

Totally irrelevant to your case. The UKBA has no legal basis for that question and whatever you answer cannot determine the outcome. Apart from that it's just a question. Providing this letter seems rather pointless.

ushatka
Newly Registered

Post by ushatka » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:23 pm

but if my husband will really get a job can that letter help him somehow?? just wondering.

and another question. what should i write in the covering letter. ??
should i just write that i will be traveling with him or something else?? as u said its more about me then about my husband. should we write a letter explaining our situation. why we want to live in england etc ?? we gonna apply online next week . thats why im asking so many ( sometimes stupid ) questions.

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:51 pm

In the cover letter you simply state the fact that you will be travelling together to the UK. Nothing else is required.

If you read through the first link I gave you, in particular EUN2.4, you could answer most of these questions by yourself.

ushatka
Newly Registered

Post by ushatka » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:54 am

hiya i wrote the cover letter but just want to ask u to have a look if its written corectly.

To whom it may concern

Dear Sirs,

As an EEA nation and a qualified person for more then 12 months In UK, I intend to make a use of my treaty rights under the Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2006. I also want to declare that I WILL BE TRAVELING WITH MY HUSBAND (my husband's name) on the travel date ....................to the United Kingdom . To complite the application form VAF5 I enclose the required documents and also all informations about our relationship ( as certificate of marridge, skype conversations for last 6 months, phone bills, photos, the dominican republic stamps in the passport, tickets of every travel to the dominican rep., payslips,letter from work, letters from the landlords, WRS schames, bank statements...etc ) to proof that our marrige is genuine.

Yours Faithfully

mine and my husband's signature

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:36 pm

There's probably not much more you could write. You don't have to write down the travel date (also because you don't know yet when they will decide).

ushatka
Newly Registered

Post by ushatka » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:47 pm

86ti wrote:There's probably not much more you could write. You don't have to write down the travel date (also because you don't know yet when they will decide).
not much more ?? could u advice me if im missin anything?? should i write somethin about like a history of our relationship ?? ohhh i cant get the phone bills showin that i was contacting my husband regulary coz it takes more then 40 days :/ ( im on pay as u go)

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:58 pm

All you need to state is that your husband intends to join/travel with you. The rest should become clear through evidence. I doubt the UKBA staff want to read lengthy stories about your live.

ushatka
Newly Registered

Post by ushatka » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:21 pm

hahaha hope so well u helped me soooooo much :) will let u know about the results :) x

deon
Newly Registered

Reply to eea family permit

Post by deon » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:30 am

Hi there!!!

I was also worried about the application process but the only documents that we provided were photos of of us 2 since we met up to the marriage(when u submit wedding pics send the ones with ur families not of the tables etc) skype calls,friends that knew us wrote some nice love letters about our relationship,flight tickets,invoices from the wedding,letter from a employer that theyre going to interview u in the uk. Just dont buy tickets b4 the visa hasnt gone through. All the best with ur application!!!

:lol:

ushatka
Newly Registered

Post by ushatka » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:40 pm

we have all prepared :) where u were gettin ur visa from ??

deon
Newly Registered

Family permit

Post by deon » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:21 am

ushatka wrote:we have all prepared :) where u were gettin ur visa from ??
My eea family permit is expiring soon so now im applying for my residence card. Im having so much trouble with it. Cos they havent posted my wife s eea1 documents back yet!!! Hopefully everything will work out. :D

ushatka
Newly Registered

Post by ushatka » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:32 am

does your wife as an EEA national needs to complite an EEA1 form ??