ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

T2 Main applicant form contradiction with PBS dependant form

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ub4u
Newly Registered

T2 Main applicant form contradiction with PBS dependant form

Post by ub4u » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:11 pm

Section 5 (M-Maintenance) of T2 Main applicant form the fifth option is for people who are already in UK under WP/T2 refers you to section M4 (without going through £800 maintenance funds)

while PBS dependant Section 4 (J-Further details) under J2 - T2 (General) refers you to J3, people currently on WP have to select option 1 which refers you to K2 which further asks you to provide proof of Maintenance funds)

any idea whats happening here both of them seems to contradict with each other, Urgent response would be helpfull as friends applying tomorrow

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:58 pm

i dont see any contradiction here....

these are two different app forms/sections, and they have their own requirements. they want to know how dependent person will support himself/herself.

they dont need to know that for main applicant cuz he will be earning money so they know he/she can support himself...

give them evidence....

regards

ps. make sure you appreciate the fact that "tier 2 general" is different than "work permit"!

ub4u
Newly Registered

Post by ub4u » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:26 am

thanks for the reply,

what I meant was if the main applicant is exempt from the funds, sure going by guidance notes para 48, dependant is also exmpt, correct me if I am missing something here
48. "When a family member of a Tier 2 Migrant applies at the same time as the main applicant they are only required to provide evidence that he/ she meets the maintenance requirement when the Tier 2 Migrant is also required to meet the maintenance requirement. When a family member of a Tier 2 Migrant applies separately from the main applicant he/she will always need to have the necessary funds to meet the maintenance requirement or have a written undertaking from an A-rated Sponsor."

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:57 pm

going by para 48....

are you both applying at the same time?

if not, then you WILL need to prove that the dependent has the necessary funds to support himself, as per the guidance.

im not the authority on the subject , so see what other members suggest

regards

The Station Agent
United Kingdom

Post by The Station Agent » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:13 pm

I concur with Arsenal, although I wish he'd change his name :)