ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Income requirement for self-employed

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sohrabkhan
Newly Registered

Income requirement for self-employed

Post by sohrabkhan » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:56 am

I've read almost all the threads in this forum containing the words 'self employed' but am still not clear about the requirement. If you try and google the word net income well it means "Gross profit minus operating expenses and taxes" (hope its incorrect).

Now I require £35k for 20 points and I've made gross income well above that, and if I deduct expenses from it I'm still ok but do I have to deduct the huge tax that I'm about to pay from gross as well as I believe the policy guidance say that for self-employed net income is to be considered.

I'd appreciate if anyone could shed some light on this.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:03 am

You should use your net income before deducting tax (pretty much or close to the figure on which you would be taxed).
Do not send me PM's with specific questions - post question in the open forum so others can also benefit from the answers.