ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Main Home- Time in country?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

xray girl
Newly Registered

UK Main Home- Time in country?

Post by xray girl » Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:07 pm

Hi,
Im applying for my HSMP extension in June. Just wondering if there is a limit to how much time you can spend out of the UK in that initial HSMP year and still be considered for an extension (given that youre meant to make the UK your main home)?
Have been employed for 5 of the months since july.
Since July 05 I have spent around 3 months out of the UK and want to do some more european travel, but dont wish to jeapodise my chances of extension. Im not seeking a UK passport at the end of the extension, so this query is based more on getting the 3 year extension.
Any advice/ideas most welcome!
thanks

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:15 pm

What is the nature of your travel plans?

I had a friend who spent a large part of his first year travelling regularly in Europe and Asia on business related work. He kept all his invitations and letters from employer to prove that it was work related. He got his 3 year extension.

xray girl
Newly Registered

Post by xray girl » Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:10 pm

Hey,
Unfortunatly its just interest-travel (backpacking) and in no way work related! Has anyone else spent large amounts of time overseas and successfully got the 3 year extension?