ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 appliation form

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

notsunny
Newly Registered

MN1 appliation form

Post by notsunny » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:27 pm

Hi everyone,

we (I and wife) recentely received our ILR (WP to ILR) .

we have 2 sons. Elder one is 2 years .we registered him as a Sri lankan citizen and appied for a sri lanka password but did not apply for a Visa as we did not have any plans to travel. The younger one is just 2 months and has not got passport or sri lankan citizenship.

I am trying to register them as british citizens using MN1 form (secsion 1 (3))
and bit confused with point 1.9 ( present nationality)

Elder son is ok as he is a sri lankan national but what do I put for my younger son???
can I leave this blank?/

also Luton register (NCS) office says we have to apply for ILR for Kids first and then register them as british citizens. I think they are wrong because i have seen many success stories in this forum . so I am gonig to send the application myself( saves some money as well)

*** do we have to send our passport with the application form or will childrens birth certificates and our marriage certificate be ok?

also in MN1 Guide it says ''Enter the child's present nationality. If an application is being made on the basis that
the child is stateless (i.e. he or she does not have the nationality of any country), an
application should be made on form S2 or S3
.''

please can someone help us with this. thanks so much