ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Regarding Asylum Seeker Friend

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

banku
- thin ice -
Mood:
United Kingdom

Regarding Asylum Seeker Friend

Post by banku » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:18 pm

Hi there,
I have a friend who came to UK in 1997 and applied for the Asylum in the year 2004 , He did not hear anything from Home office till Jan. 2010 & decided to go back to the home country.
Now He called me yesterday and wanted to enquire if We have heard anything from the home office about him , as he didn't inform home office before leaving the U.K .
he wanted to know if the H.O would automatically come to know that he has left the country?
please advise.
Many Thanks.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:48 pm

well it depends on how he left the country. Did he go back by plane? Ferry? Back of a lorry? Did he use his passport?

Why does he want to know?

banku
- thin ice -
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by banku » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:05 pm

LoLz @ Back of Lorry ,,, No he went by Air from Heathrow Airport but what I think is they (Immigration officers) do not notice who is leaving the country (I might be wrong)....! Yes , he did use his passport .

Any way thanks for your kind reply... I do not really know why he wants to know , I reckon he probably wants to come back to U.K and wants to find out whats happening with his case..!

cobra

Post by cobra » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:39 am

HI

Definetely sure your friend fall under the legacy. there is no way to be granted under the Legacy if you are outside the UK.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/asylum/oldercases/

banku
- thin ice -
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by banku » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:13 pm

Thanks Cobra...!