ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 Years Long Residency,College Letter

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

helloimran

10 Years Long Residency,College Letter

Post by helloimran » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:12 pm

Dear Respected Members,

I am going to apply ILR under 10 years long residency basis in next month, 7.5 years on student visa and 3 years on tier 1 general.
My first student visa was issued for two years period from my home country in march 2001,i changed my college and studied 1st year in another college in 2001.
I have lost my first year’s college documents long time ago and unfortunately that college has closed down in sep 2003 and i am not able to get a confirmation letter for my first year study.
A part of that i have all my educational documents, passports and there are no gaps in any extension. my total days out during last 10 years are 350.

I am worried,do not know how do i present my case without first year educational documents?

Please advice?

Thanks.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:16 pm

Do you have anything else to show you were in the UK during that period?
Did you ever submit anything from the college in question to the Home Office?
Have you done a subject access request under the Data Protection Act?

sunmoon

Re: 10 Years Long Residency,College Letter

Post by sunmoon » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:47 pm

helloimran wrote:Dear Respected Members,

I am going to apply ILR under 10 years long residency basis in next month, 7.5 years on student visa and 3 years on tier 1 general.
My first student visa was issued for two years period from my home country in march 2001,i changed my college and studied 1st year in another college in 2001.
I have lost my first year’s college documents long time ago and unfortunately that college has closed down in sep 2003 and i am not able to get a confirmation letter for my first year study.
A part of that i have all my educational documents, passports and there are no gaps in any extension. my total days out during last 10 years are 350.

I am worried,do not know how do i present my case without first year educational documents?

Please advice?

Thanks.
Don't worry about that. Educational documents are not required for 10 yrs long residence. As long as you have all your passports since you first entered and no gaps between FLRs, you are safe. You only require to submit your passports, 2 copy of recent photograph and Life in the UK pass notification letter. Assuming that you don't have any criminal records and never claimed any public fund then your application is more likely to be successful.

helloimran

Post by helloimran » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:16 pm

Thanks Greenie and Sunmoon for your quick response.

Dear Greenie,
I have got all of my passports, which shows i was in UK.
When i applied my first extension in Croydon office in 2003 i submitted only last six months attendance from a different college.i do not have any college documentation for 2001-2002,i was doing CAT(certified accounting technician) during that period.I do have a transcript from ACCA of my CAT results dated June 2001, but that results purely issued by ACCA body.
I did not request SAR report from home office.

Dear Sunmoon,
Actually i am applying through solicitor they are going to send all of my educational documents as well.

Please advice.
Thanks.

sunmoon

Post by sunmoon » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:43 pm

helloimran wrote:Thanks Greenie and Sunmoon for your quick response.

Dear Greenie,
I have got all of my passports, which shows i was in UK.
When i applied my first extension in Croydon office in 2003 i submitted only last six months attendance from a different college.i do not have any college documentation for 2001-2002,i was doing CAT(certified accounting technician) during that period.I do have a transcript from ACCA of my CAT results dated June 2001, but that results purely issued by ACCA body.
I did not request SAR report from home office.

Dear Sunmoon,
Actually i am applying through solicitor they are going to send all of my educational documents as well.

Please advice.
Thanks.
If your solicitor wants to send your educational documents provide them only what you have, although its not required, and don't worry about it. Its not a refusal factor.

sunmoon

Post by sunmoon » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:29 am

helloimran wrote:Thanks Greenie and Sunmoon for your quick response.

Dear Sunmoon,

Please advice.
Thanks.
helloimran,
I have read, probably, your post on the other forum and it looks like you got similar answer like mine. I think you have absolutely nothing to worry about, I don't know why your solicitor unnecessarily making this issue complicated. To be honest with you, if you don't have any gaps / criminal records / no re-courses to public fund / no breach of immigration law then there is no need a solicitor, you can apply yourself. Just for mental satisfaction some people send through solicitors.