ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

council tax single person discount

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hose74horse
Newly Registered

council tax single person discount

Post by hose74horse » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:27 pm

hi

any one pls advice me in this

i came to uk under wp.i rent a flat and i got single person discount.after a year my wife come in feb.that time i complete payingt he year council tax.after a month my wife got a job with in 10 miles and she cont drive.so she rent a room near her work.bcas she starts at 7 am and she cont drive or no bus also.she come to week end only.but all her bank adress in my home address.until last year i pay single person discount bcas she pay the room rent also.now time for my ilr

the question is it will affect my ilr application bcas i got single person discount.#

my wife has a rental agreement for 21/2 years.only thing all her mails come to my address.
pls any advice on this matter
when i apply ilr i have to tell this matter to the home office in covering letter
thanks
rao

hose74horse
Newly Registered

Post by hose74horse » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:12 pm

pls any one comment on this

rajathwp

Please check

Post by rajathwp » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:33 am

Please search on this site = Single Person Discount and U will get all the answers.

Anyway brief answer to your query- You should pay them back. Second- If home office get to know you are claiming single person discount how can you say your wife has been in UK for 2 Years.

rajathwp

Post by rajathwp » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:34 am

I don't think it would impact your ILR though ...

hose74horse
Newly Registered

Post by hose74horse » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:05 am

thanks for ur answer.
first my wife has rental agreement for the past 21/2 years
second i called the council and explained they said if ur wife rent a another place u have to pay one person council tax only.
thats what they said
can u pls tell me what i ahve to do

navodwickra

Post by navodwickra » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:29 am

hose74horse wrote:thanks for ur answer.
first my wife has rental agreement for the past 21/2 years
second i called the council and explained they said if ur wife rent a another place u have to pay one person council tax only.
thats what they said
can u pls tell me what i ahve to do
Single person discount is a DISCOUNT! it is not a benefit. I also claimed single person discount when I was renting an apartment alone.