ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 And CCOL Case

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

LeoLion
Newly Registered

Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 And CCOL Case

Post by LeoLion » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:38 am

I just want to check if Section 320 7 (b) AND Section 320 (11) be exempted under Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.

In reference with Cambridge College Of Learning case.

Suppose an ex-CCOL student leaves UK VOLUNTARILY after his PSW application being refused on grounds of Deception .

Applies after 10 years what are his/her prospects of getting Entry Clearance !

Any Advice !

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:43 am

As per my signature, I shouldn't advise on this, but I'll just give my two cents.

I think there's a difference between criminal law and immigration law. Being refused and subsequently banned for deception is an immigration matter, not a criminal matter and therefore I don't think the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act would come into play here.
Do not send me PM's with specific questions - post question in the open forum so others can also benefit from the answers.