ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Baby query

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ilrapplicant
Newly Registered

Baby query

Post by ilrapplicant » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:31 am

Hi,
Sorry if this is the wrong category to post my question. Me and my wife are Indian citizens and have just been granted ILR. We are expecting our second child, who I understand will be eligible to apply for British citizenship. What is the procedure for this?
Also, whether after getting British passport, would we be eligible to apply for OIC for the baby (considering that the baby was never a Indian citizen i.e holder of a blue passport)? Thanks in anticipation for some advice

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:03 am

Second child, if born in the UK, then see also ILR for infants or kids.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.