ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Working Permit For Family Member - Brothers

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

players
Newly Registered

Working Permit For Family Member - Brothers

Post by players » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:32 am

Hello everyone,

I'm sorry if I am not posting at the right thread, but I have a question, and I searched this forum and I couldn't find any information's regarding this situation I'm having.
I am a Romanian citizen, my brother is in the UK for 2 years now, and he got his Blue Card. My questions are:
Can I work and live in the UK on his permit ? ( I read on UK Border Agency, but to be honest, I didn't understood if I fit in those conditions).
Or can he help me out to get my Blue Card faster if I apply for it as a family member. I mean dose he by his Blue Card and his status there is going to be a plus for me to get the Blue Card faster ?
I already have a job proposal and they are waiting for me to get there for an interview.

Thank you for your time reading my post !

Best regards,
Players

harv
United Kingdom

Post by harv » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:19 pm

Hi

I think by this Blue Card you mean National Insurance card, I do not know if you get a NI number on a work permit. These cards contain your National Insurance number which is a unique number for every individual within the UK, so you cannot use someone elses.

I do not think that if your family member has a national insurance number, it will put you in a fast track in getting one as well. It is purely based on your current immigration status in the UK.

I do not know if you qualify for a National Insurance number when you get a work permit visa. Senior member of the baord should be able to give you more details on this.
Feb 2012 - Spouse Visa - New Delhi
Mar 2012 - Documents collected - VISA Granted
March 2014 - ILR Granted
Apr 2015 - Applied for Naturalisation
Nov 2015 - Naturalised

rbk1597

Post by rbk1597 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:05 pm

fisrt of all research your information carefully. there is no such think as a blue card in the UK, so this gives your thread many many questions and you are less likely to attract good responses with such a question.
If we assume you were talking about the NI as suggested above, then you may want to know that the NI number (or card) is for people already in the UK with permission to work. so in your case its useless to you at this point.

Kitty

Post by Kitty » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:50 pm

A Blue Registration card for Bulgarian or Romanian nationals indicates that the holder can work freely in the UK. See:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... /applying/

The following guidance explains the circumstances in which family members can come to the UK:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... omania0408

Your problem is that, as a sibling you can only come if you are "dependant" on your brother. Working would suggest that you aren't, in fact, dependant on him.

Mods, should this thread go in the EEA section?

rbk1597

Post by rbk1597 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:05 pm

So you were refering to the Accession worker card
You can apply this independently if you have got a job offer as you said. The fact that your brother was granted the card will not give any merit to your application.