ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PEO Birmingham in-person ILR application experiance:

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

just_got_it
Newly Registered

PEO Birmingham in-person ILR application experiance:

Post by just_got_it » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:59 am

PEO Birmingham in-person ILR application experience:

Got the ILR stamped at PEO Birmingham (Solihull) this morning. Following are details:
1. Appointment time - 9 am. Stayed locally previous night at Ravenhurst B&B (£35 per night). This B&B is 5 min walk from PEO.
2. Reached PEO at 8:20. Was 3rd in the queue.
3. Entered into the admission hall at 8:40 - for security and document checks (takes about 5 min)
4. Was called at the counter at 8:50 am
5. May be I was lucky, the case worker was very pleasant and asked me few basic questions. Checked passports. Asked for the original HSMP approval letter. She confirmed if I am seeking exemption from Life in UK test as per judicial review. I answered affirmative.
6. Then she asked about the employment. I operate as an employee and director of a company. Gave details. She asked for company accounts. I handed over last 3 years accounts.
7. She then went away and did some checks (I believe usage of public fund, any criminal convictions etc.) on home office database.
8. She came back in about 3 to 4 minutes and said she is happy with the application form and is granting the ILR. I was asked to pay the fees (lot of it)
9. I could have waited for 2 hours to get the passports back. But I had an urgent work so I returned to my work (just 20 miles from Solihull) and picked up the passports in the afternoon (3 pm)
10.Overall it was a good experience.
Good Luck with your application!
Cheers :D

smaganti

Post by smaganti » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:54 pm

congratulations...

mfwales

Re: PEO Birmingham in-person ILR application experiance:

Post by mfwales » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:30 am

just_got_it wrote: 6. Then she asked about the employment. I operate as an employee and director of a company. Gave details. She asked for company accounts. I handed over last 3 years accounts.
Do you mean profit and loss account (or year end account)? I was of the opinion that you need a letter from accountant and your bank statements (personal / business) to show economic activity.

just_got_it
Newly Registered

Post by just_got_it » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:50 pm

mfwales wrote:
just_got_it wrote: 6. Then she asked about the employment. I operate as an employee and director of a company. Gave details. She asked for company accounts. I handed over last 3 years accounts.
Do you mean profit and loss account (or year end account)? I was of the opinion that you need a letter from accountant and your bank statements (personal / business) to show economic activity.
I did not have letter from accountant. The accounts were annual company accounts submitted to Hmrc and signed by the accountant.
I also had bank statements with me - but did not need it.

mfwales

Post by mfwales » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:20 pm

just_got_it wrote:...The accounts were annual company accounts submitted to Hmrc and signed by the accountant.
Was it only the completed returns submitted to HMRC (which would be previous financial year) or did you also cover the current financial year with draft accounts?

kh12999
Newly Registered

Post by kh12999 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:31 pm

Congrats...how long did it take to get a PEO interview in Birmingham?
just_got_it wrote:PEO Birmingham in-person ILR application experience:

Got the ILR stamped at PEO Birmingham (Solihull) this morning. Following are details:

just_got_it
Newly Registered

Post by just_got_it » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:02 pm

mfwales wrote:
just_got_it wrote:...The accounts were annual company accounts submitted to Hmrc and signed by the accountant.
Was it only the completed returns submitted to HMRC (which would be previous financial year) or did you also cover the current financial year with draft accounts?
- Yes I had three previous years annual accounts. My company year ends in January. I had accounts for 2009-10, 08-09, 07-08. I did not bother to get any letter from accountant for the current year (10-11) - as I had the payslips, bank statements (company) and contract. None of that was required, by the way. However, note that I applied under HSMP JR (5 years).
Hope it helps. Cheers.

just_got_it
Newly Registered

Post by just_got_it » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:04 pm

kh12999 wrote:Congrats...how long did it take to get a PEO interview in Birmingham?
just_got_it wrote:PEO Birmingham in-person ILR application experience:

I used online service to get the appointment for PEO B'ham.
Booked 2 weeks in advance. Appointments seem to be available quite easily at PEO B'ham.