ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I need your Advise pls ?.

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tushie
Newly Registered

I need your Advise pls ?.

Post by tushie » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:29 pm

I am a master student with 18month visa (TIER 4). I started a part time job some weeks ago. I clearly made it clear to my manager that I can't work more than 20 hours. we both agreed, but unfortunately one of my pay slip is showing 20. 40hours. that is almost 21hours. I have decided to monitor the hours myself because I know it will be registered in my N.I number. my question now is that WILL this not affect future application like PSW ?. pls what do you think and how can I resolve it if it an issue?

Lils
Newly Registered

Post by Lils » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:21 pm

Well, if you look at this very recent post, it seems that it can affect a future application. I think they are using anything they can to refuse applications. I would be careful if I were you. Good Luck!

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=70737

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:33 pm

They won't know through your NI number, as all this shows is how much NI you have paid, not how many hours you have worked.

It might be best to reduce your hours slightly so that you don't risk going over (how did this happen in the first place - is it because you have to 'clock in and clock out?)?

tushie
Newly Registered

Post by tushie » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:28 pm

Greenie wrote:They won't know through your NI number, as all this shows is how much NI you have paid, not how many hours you have worked.

It might be best to reduce your hours slightly so that you don't risk going over (how did this happen in the first place - is it because you have to 'clock in and clock out?)?

I had a very busy week in that same week but I think I made a mistake not to check the previous time registered. my first & second day was 7hours each. so I was suppose to work for just five hours to stay within the time limit. unfortunately I registered 5:30hours. it was when I saw my payslip I realise my mistake. I'm just concern cos have heard people been refuse for working for 25 hours per week. I have taken a better measure to guide against such occurrence but I just want to if any damage has been done?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:41 am

Can you undo it? Guess not! So, move on and remain careful in future.

regards