ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship And Child Registration

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MANILA-PEP
Newly Registered

Citizenship And Child Registration

Post by MANILA-PEP » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:27 pm

After getting my citizenship hopefully in 3months i will apply, will i still have to Register my child born in the UK with form MN1 application or just apply for my child's British Passport?

nax_72

Post by nax_72 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:32 pm

If the child is born in the UK after your received your ILR then you can apply for the British passport straight away.

If the child is born in the UK before your received your ILR then apply for naturalisation for the child using MN1 under section 1(3). In this case no need to wait until you get naturalised.

If the child born outside the UK then you have to apply for the naturalisation of the kid using MN1 under section 3(1). In this case you can apply together with your application of naturalisation or after you get naturalised.

MANILA-PEP
Newly Registered

Post by MANILA-PEP » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:46 am

Let us assume i wait till i get naturalized, can i also apply for my son's British Passport straight up?

fhumbert

Post by fhumbert » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:26 pm

in the case the child was born in the UK before you became settled, the process by which the child can acquire citizenship is that of 'registration', not naturalisation.