ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application help

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

chippo
Newly Registered

EEA2 Application help

Post by chippo » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:43 pm

I am an Australian citizen.
My wife is a Spanish citizen.
We first came to the UK on the 19th September 2011.
We entered the UK with a Family Permit Visa, which began on the 6th June 2010. However it expired on the 6th January 2011.

We made an application for an EEA2 (residence card) and I have received my whole application back (all documents and passports), and a letter back from the Border Agency saying that we had “insufficient evidence to establish that I have a right of residenceâ€

giardaella
BANNED

Re: EEA2 Application help

Post by giardaella » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:21 pm

Your wife is considered a worker/job seeker. So long as your wife continues to show that she has a realistic chance of finding work, she IS exercising treaty rights. The problem here is that if you have been in the UK with your wife since June 2010, even though there is no formally set time limit within which to find work, the longer it gets, the harder it would be for you to classify her as a worker.

The best way, if you can afford it now, is to get comprehensive sickness insurance (AXA PPP, BUPA etc.) and provide it covering BOTH YOU and YOUR WIFE, and some funds in the bank. Apply again on EEA2 form and provide the health insurance certificate for both of you and bank statements. This way, she'd be exercising treaty rights by being Self-sufficient.

As regards your other questions (EEA FP expiring, you studying and so on), these all are not going to affect anything. As soon as your wife starts to exercise treaty rights in any way, you automatically are in the country legally (subject to the UKBA being stubborn)

hope this helps

[quote="chippo"]I am an Australian citizen.
We entered the UK with a Family Permit Visa, which began on the 6th June 2010. However it expired on the 6th January 2011.

We made an application for an EEA2 (residence card) and I have received my whole application back (all documents and passports), and a letter back from the Border Agency saying that we had “insufficient evidence to establish that I have a right of residenceâ€

chippo
Newly Registered

Post by chippo » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:26 pm

Thanks for the reply!

Ok, that sounds good but I am just wondering how much money we need to have in our account for us to be considered self-sufficient.
AND/or
could we say that we have relatives (ie. parents) to help if the amount they require is beyond what we can show!

We have signed letters from our parents to say that they are also financially supporting.

Thanks

[quote="giardaella"]Your wife is considered a worker/job seeker. So long as your wife continues to show that she has a realistic chance of finding work, she IS exercising treaty rights. The problem here is that if you have been in the UK with your wife since June 2010, even though there is no formally set time limit within which to find work, the longer it gets, the harder it would be for you to classify her as a worker.

The best way, if you can afford it now, is to get comprehensive sickness insurance (AXA PPP, BUPA etc.) and provide it covering BOTH YOU and YOUR WIFE, and some funds in the bank. Apply again on EEA2 form and provide the health insurance certificate for both of you and bank statements. This way, she'd be exercising treaty rights by being Self-sufficient.

As regards your other questions (EEA FP expiring, you studying and so on), these all are not going to affect anything. As soon as your wife starts to exercise treaty rights in any way, you automatically are in the country legally (subject to the UKBA being stubborn)

hope this helps
[/quote]

toni34
- thin ice -
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by toni34 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:28 pm

[quote="giardaella"]Your wife is considered a worker/job seeker. So long as your wife continues to show that she has a realistic chance of finding work, she IS exercising treaty rights. The problem here is that if you have been in the UK with your wife since June 2010, even though there is no formally set time limit within which to find work, the longer it gets, the harder it would be for you to classify her as a worker.

hope this helps

[quote="chippo"]I am an Australian citizen.

NON EU national with RC