ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

self sufficiency eea2 dilemma

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

eternalbliss
Newly Registered

self sufficiency eea2 dilemma

Post by eternalbliss » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:05 pm

hi

I am hoping someone could offer some advice on my situation:

i am the non-eea national of an eea national. Recently I applied for EEA2 as my wife isnt working as she has to take care of our two kids. I put her as self sufficient through my income and in spite of having the comprehensive sickness insurance, I received a letter from Home Office today saying:

The submitted documents are insufficient to establish that you have a right of residence under the 2006 regulations. Please note that this is not a formal determination under the status under the regulations. Please reapply once you have all documents to support the application

They asked me to provide evidence of sufficient funds for my wife but in spite of submitting bank statements they still sent me this message in the letter. She is self sufficient on my income but I think they are looking for a healthy bank balance.

Now I am thinking if I should ask her to look for a job and then apply under FMRS as she was already registered under WRS couple years back when she was working.

Also I would be grateful that if someone could tell me if they had a similar situation and what was the outcome...can i still continue working as there is no mention of the same and my family permit has already expired. Should I seek advice from solicitors in this matter?

Please someone advise. I would be extremely grateful...

Thnx

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:13 am

If she depends on your income you would have to send in all your work related data. Have you? That's not clear from your description.

eternalbliss
Newly Registered

Post by eternalbliss » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:58 am

Hi

Thanks for your reply. I did send all my payslips and letter from employer but what the home office requested on the letter were bank statements and sickness insurance which i did send but was still returned. Thats what I dont understand. Am I missing something there?

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:18 am

Do you have a joint account or separate? What they may want to see is that money is actually flowing to your wife. Otherwise I do not understand what they want and maybe the pre-filter people made a mistake.

eternalbliss
Newly Registered

Post by eternalbliss » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:39 am

we have separate accounts but I did send both of our bank statements. We could she receives family support if that is required.

Do you think I should reapply again? You could be right about the pre filter thing. do they actually check all documents and the passports before sending out a COA?

thx again

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:47 am

eternalbliss wrote:Do you think I should reapply again? You could be right about the pre filter thing. do they actually check all documents and the passports before sending out a COA?
Yes, they do. I am not sure how to proceed next because it is not clear what they actually want. Is your income "low"? There are no set amounts how much money must be available only the cryptical "must not become an unreasonable burden to the state". If your are somewhere in the range of the average income (I think that's something like £25000-£30000. Can't remember the median but it's not too far off.) or above that should not be the problem at all.

eternalbliss
Newly Registered

Post by eternalbliss » Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:39 pm

I do earn around that figure so its enough for my family...well i will reapply and see what they say..this time with a proper cover letter explaining everything.

thnx for all ur advice

MrsA2009
Newly Registered

Post by MrsA2009 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:17 pm

My husband just got his rc based on me being sufficient through my income (he earns much less then 25000). We sent -

A letter from his employer.
Comprehensive sickness insurance for the family.
My bank satements.
A statement from my savings account which doesnt have a healthy balance.
Proof of living together etc.

When you filed in the application did you put your employment details in employment section? We did this when applying for my husband rc, me being selfsufficient through his income income.

Is the comprehensive sickness insurance you have just for your wife or all the family? We were told it had to cover all the family, so got insurance for me, my husband and our son.

Im surprised your application got returned.. I would resubmit, someone could have overlooked it.

Also is your wife claiming any benefits?

eternalbliss
Newly Registered

Post by eternalbliss » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:20 pm

Dear MrsA2009

Thank you for your reply. I did fill in all the details in employment section and also I got the insurance covered for whole family. Did your husband apply for EEA2 only or you both put in EEA1 and EEA2 together?

How long did it take to process the application?

You might be right about someone overlooking it. After all they are free of charge:-)

I do feel hopeful after reading your success story.

MrsA2009
Newly Registered

Post by MrsA2009 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:41 pm

We only applied for my husbands EEA2. We were very lucky as it took less then four months to get his rc, applied end of step rc recieved start of jan.