ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can Main applicant travel out of UK without dependent?

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sbalaji
Newly Registered

Can Main applicant travel out of UK without dependent?

Post by sbalaji » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:01 am

Hi

After entering UK with Tier 1 visa and dependent visa, can the main applicant leave the country without the dependent? Or is there any special procedure for doing so? Also is there any specific duration a dependent is allowed to live in UK without the main applicant residing in the country?

Thanks
Balaji

Natita

Post by Natita » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:34 am

I don't believe that there are restrictions on main applicant travelling abroad leaving dependants in the country. I am Main visa holder and currently on assignment abroad, my partner remains in UK, we have had no problems so far - except - the last time my partner returned to UK from visiting me, he mentioned that the officer at the UK Border 'did not sound very happy' that the Main is working abroad leaving dependants in UK. So, be cautious if you will be away for a long time.