ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 form, Referees Questions Can anyone help?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mistermaker
Newly Registered

MN1 form, Referees Questions Can anyone help?

Post by mistermaker » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:14 am

hie all

I was wondering if anyone can help, We are due to apply for naturalisation at the end of this month ILR granted january 2010 . I have a lot of questions ( and was really hoping there was a service similar to the ILR face to face appointments) regarding the following:

1) Forms AN for me and my husband and MN1 for the kids as they were born in the uk before ILR. I am not very clear about section 2 of the MN1 form :
Quote:
2.1 If the child is resident in the UK........give the date and place of first arrival

i am not sure which dates to put in as both kids were born in the UK and aged 9yrs and 2yrs old.

2)Having used my maiden name since coming to the UK (as that was the name in my passport ) i now want to change to my married name so that my british passport will be in that name. Do i send in my marriage certificate with this AN application explaining or do i wait until i make my passport application?

3) Our GP had agreed to be a referee , at a fee ofcourse, but i have just seen a post saying doctors have been removed/removed themselves from the UKBA list is that fairly recent? or do some doctors dont mind provided you are paying.

I know its a lot , any advice would be greatly appreciated.
thanx

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:13 pm