ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NCS Update: Optional documents

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

FromThere2Here

NCS Update: Optional documents

Post by FromThere2Here » Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:48 pm

Hi, everyone. I just returned from filing my citizenship application with NCS in Wandsworth. The process was very smooth and efficient. It took about 45 minutes.

One interesting point: I brought extra documentation with me -- beyond what is required -- and NCS took photocopies of the documents and included them with my application. Their attitude was "the more documentation, the better".

Specifically, they sent along:

-- My P45. (I'm currently unemployed.)

-- A letter I recently received from Inland Revenue saying that they had processed my tax refund.

They also asked if I had a copy of my divorce decree because they wanted to include that. When I told them I didn't have it, they said no problem.

It's important to emphasize that none of these documents are required. If you've sent in your application and haven't included these documents, don't worry. But apparently it doesn't hurt to include extra documentation, and might help.

tekaweni

Post by tekaweni » Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:31 pm

Hi there. That is interesting, because Newcastle NCS's attitude was the reverse - they only wanted what the absolutely minimum (application form, pass certificate, passport copies and fees).

Possibly because my marital status doesnt come into play, and I'm currently employed? I've no idea.