ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confused about biometric residence permit and extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cuberoot

Confused about biometric residence permit and extension

Post by cuberoot » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:12 pm

Im currently reading the Tier 1 (General) application form, trying to prepare for an in-country extension.

Im looking at the section on Biometric Residence Permits and Im finding it very confusing.

I have read the forum threads and UKBA documentation and I am sure that I do need to apply for a BRP, Im just not sure when I should do it. I've read that the UKBA will send you a letter requesting you to submit your details for BRP after they receive your tier 1 extension application.

HOWEVER, on the application form, section C10, it requires me to fill in my BRP details with the application.

What is the correct way to submit BRP information with a tier 1 extension application form if I dont have one?

cuberoot

Post by cuberoot » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:42 am

Does anybody have any advice or guidance for me? Surely others have been in this situation already?

pbn
Newly Registered

Post by pbn » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:54 am

Even I'm in the same situation. Can somebody who has already applied clarify please?

pgaitonde
Member of Standing

Post by pgaitonde » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:22 am

pbn wrote:Even I'm in the same situation. Can somebody who has already applied clarify please?
You need to fill in details in C10 for any finger prints given at the time of initial application. As far as i know everybody needs to give finger prints when you apply initially..just mention which place and country you have given and an approximate date of it...

When you send your application to UKBA they will process the application and they will send you a letter stating that you would need to give biometrics. At that time call their number 08706067766 and book an appointment within next 10 days and go to their office and give ur biometrics...or even you could visit any one of the postal services where you can pay approx £17 and they would do the same and send ur details to UKBA (dont forget to take ur letter which you would get from UKBA)..thats it..

cuberoot

Post by cuberoot » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:52 am

I think I've figured it out after looking at the application form again. If you currently have biometrics, you must submit them. If you dont, you will be asked to submit them in a letter form the Home Office.
For the application to be valid and complete, the applicant must provide his/her original
current passport or travel document unless it is not available for one of the reasons
specified on the application form. If the applicant has a current grant of leave on a Biometric
Residence Permit he/she must also provide their Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) for
the application to be valid and complete.
The applicant should also provide all previous
passports and/or travel documents that he/she has used to travel to and remain in the United
Kingdom.