ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dual Nationality Query

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hannah27

Dual Nationality Query

Post by hannah27 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:00 pm

Hello

My husband has now received his approval for citizenship, ceremony is later on this month. Looking to prepare passport forms before the ceremony so that we can submit straight away once we have the naturalisation certificate. My husband would like to have dual nationality and keep his albanian passport but I have noticed on the passport form that it asks you to send any passports which are currently valid, so if my husband sends his albanian passport will he receive it back, as there is nowhere on the form to say that he wants to keep both passports. Can anyone help? Do they just need his albanian passport for ID/processing purposes and then they will send it back?

Thanks in advance

Hannah

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:24 pm

The UK has no problem with dual nationality, and the passport needs to be supplied to confirm identity. It will be returned.

Now the question is .... does Albania allow dual nationality? I don't know the answer to that.
John

in-london
Newly Registered

Post by in-london » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:26 pm

Albania does allow dual citizenship.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:30 pm

That is good news. So clearly not a problem getting the British passport as well as the Albanian one.
John