ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Under 65 father ... please advice

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

doop4
Newly Registered

Under 65 father ... please advice

Post by doop4 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:30 am

Hi,

Thanks everyone for keeping this forum useful and relevant.

I am hoping to sponsor my father who is 57. I am the only son and only child and he is recently(1 year ago) a widower

I would be very grateful if so who has sponsored their parent who is below the required 65 age requirement could share their experience with me. He has already been in the uk on several holidays and several visitors visas. What are the chances of me being successful in getting him a dependent visa? What finances should I show to support my case?

In summary
1) widower father age 57 (below the age req of 65)
2)all his living brothers and sisters are in the uk
2) I amthe only child
3) he is fully financially dependent on me. Have proof in the form of money transfer.
4) he has been here to see me in the uk at least once a year in the past 5 years
5) I have gone home to see him at least once a year the past years
6)he has been having some recent health issues for which I am concerned and would like to have him with me here

My questions are

1) what are my chances at being successful in getting him down?Him being underage.
2) how much finances should I show apart from my payslips which demonstrate that I earn enough to support him?
3) what else can I do to make my case stronger? Eh. Show his medical records?

Any help and advice will be much appreciated. Thank you again.

harv
United Kingdom

Post by harv » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:44 am

Hi

I believe the age limit is a set rule, however these things can be overlooked slightly due to special circumstances such as serious health issues. Although the age difference a little big (8 years) from the allowed limit, but if you can provide full evidence that the health issues are serious and it requires yourself or someone close to your father to be with him. Then we could see some positive outcome.

The problem is the HO may say that your father can be looked after by a carer as well in the home country. So it is a slightly tuogh call. I would suggest to consult a solicitor on this, but first lets see what comments you get from other more experienced member of this forum.
Feb 2012 - Spouse Visa - New Delhi
Mar 2012 - Documents collected - VISA Granted
March 2014 - ILR Granted
Apr 2015 - Applied for Naturalisation
Nov 2015 - Naturalised

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:18 pm

Actually - the rules can allow an 'underage' application - but only in the "most exceptional compassionate circumstances".

I'm not sure - from what you've described - he's in that situation. It sounds like he has some health worries (while concerning they aren't huge from what you indicate) and he might be a bit lonely without family around.

M.

doop4
Newly Registered

Post by doop4 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:03 pm

Thanks harv and MPH80 for your replied.

My father has had a series of heart attacks and been hospitalised (in the intensive care) for treatment on several accounts. He has laso had depression after she passed away. have all medical reports to support this. Plus whenever he falls ill or is hospitalised I've had to get the next flight home because he doesn't have family there so it puts us both in a very difficult situation especially when I have to return back to work. We have extended family in different parts of the home country but how much of their time could we ask for? They have their own families to look after. It's the depression that I am concerned about apart from the obvious heart condition. I am not sure if this constitutes for a "compassionate" scenario but for me it truly is one. I am helpless and feel rotten that I can't do something about this.

Also, I am not sure what sort of finances one has to show for a dependent. I am earning sufficiently to support both of us. I am renting.

Would love to hear from those who've gone through something similar. Would be very grateful for any comments and advice.

Thanks again