ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Have you travelled to UK in the last 10 years?

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

AustinCann
Newly Registered

Have you travelled to UK in the last 10 years?

Post by AustinCann » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:02 am

I had travelled twice. First time when I entered on entry clearance, second time when I had come back from a holiday- The same visa was valid for the duration of holiday

Do I add the travel details of both journeys or only the first time when I entered on student visa to answer above question

Many thanks

bethnalblue

Re: Have you travelled to UK in the last 10 years?

Post by bethnalblue » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:00 pm

AustinCann wrote:I had travelled twice. First time when I entered on entry clearance, second time when I had come back from a holiday- The same visa was valid for the duration of holiday

Do I add the travel details of both journeys or only the first time when I entered on student visa to answer above question

Many thanks
You have to write all the entry and exit dates during the past 10 years and the duration of stay during each visit.

Goodluck

fibreman

Post by fibreman » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:20 pm

bethnalblue wrote:
AustinCann wrote:I had travelled twice. First time when I entered on entry clearance, second time when I had come back from a holiday- The same visa was valid for the duration of holiday

Many thanks
You have to write all the entry and exit dates during the past 10 years and the duration of stay during each visit.

Goodluck
How is one supposed to remember all the dates and lengths? What if you've been to UK 10, 20 times in years apart? This is ridiculous...

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:03 pm

fibreman wrote:
How is one supposed to remember all the dates and lengths? What if you've been to UK 10, 20 times in years apart? This is ridiculous...

i would take extra precaution... make sure you, inadverently, dont give false date. if you are not sure, leave it blank and direct the caseworker to your covering letter where you can elaborate on your situation..

if you give wrong date and caseworer tries to do extra checks and ultimately find the date is wrong... your app can technically be rejected under para which is about lying/withholding info on app

unlikely..... but its possible.

cheers

jlewisunh

Post by jlewisunh » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:15 pm

yea, that is a ridiculous question...every single entry into the uk in the past ten years? I have traveled in and out of the uk more than i can count in the past ten years. easily over twenty times. i cant remember all the dates.

fibreman

Post by fibreman » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:44 am

jlewisunh wrote:yea, that is a ridiculous question...every single entry into the uk in the past ten years? I have traveled in and out of the uk more than i can count in the past ten years. easily over twenty times. i cant remember all the dates.
Me also. There is no way I can remember all the dates also, this is crap. I think this is just an excuse to refuse people!

I have an excellent memory, but can't get all the dates. From entry stamps, I coudl even pick up all the entry dates, but exit? no...

Also, how can they check it? They can't. There are no exit stamps anymore...
this is just so stupid, i mean it. They keep making our lives harder and harder. Hard working immigrants have to fill out forms worse than convicted killers... this is just stupid.

There are 500 000 illegals, never hear govt saying anythign on that? Just us, make us suffer, make apps more expensive, complicated... this is crap.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:43 am

Your passports should have the dates of when you entered the UK. Perhaps also when you entered other countries.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

fibreman

Post by fibreman » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:21 pm

vinny wrote:Your passports should have the dates of when you entered the UK. Perhaps also when you entered other countries.
Yes, entrance dates, but exit? They can't check that I think anyway... if I go from UK back home, I don't get stamps.

For Schengen countries, u should in theory get in and exit stamp, but reality is that often they don't give them. Sometimes they just look at passport and adio. If you come from non-problematic country, they might just let you go...

In any case, I'd put all entry dates, and for exit, I'd say I don't remember exactly and put an estimated figure saying a lot of time has passed and I don't remember, which is true.

This might work fine if you've been to UK once or twice, but 20+ times like me, no chance to know all this.

In any case, how does this matter for PSW visa? The condition is to have a degree etc. If you overstayed, they should know anyway. I don't see a reason to torture people with this.

jlewisunh

Post by jlewisunh » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:45 pm

a lot of my stamps go back 8 years. they're faded and i cant read anything. whatever.