ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP first year residency requirement

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

OZ Paris
Newly Registered

HSMP first year residency requirement

Post by OZ Paris » Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:54 pm

Hi all

My HSMP EC started on January 7th, 2006 (valid for one year), and I'm waiting for a job offer before relocating to the UK (because London living cost is much more expensive).

Is there a minimum amount of time I need to be resident in the UK in the first year of HSMP in order to qualify for HSMP FLR?

Thanks for your help.

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:33 pm

As far as I know there is not anywhere mentioned the spefic time whoch must be spent in the UK before one is granted the FLR. But we need to interpret what they are expenting from HSMP Visa holder "To make UK as your home".

I remember one case in this forum. Someone is rejected for FLR because most of the time S/He is living outside UK (Switzerland, if my memory serve well).

I think that is the general guidance.

It does not matter where you want to live in the UK. It is not necessary in London.

Pantaiema