ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fiance visa application - VAF4A

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jturner2706
Newly Registered

Fiance visa application - VAF4A

Post by jturner2706 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:32 pm

Hello,
I have been looking through the boards and have already found a lot of answers.
However there are still a few things I am not sure about.

I have just returned from South African where my fiancee is a national. I proposed while out there and now we are making arrangements for her fiance visa and the marriage later this year.

My query is regarding proving there is the finances available to support her stay.

I myself have been travelling since June last year. Firstly to South Korea, where my partner had been working as a teacher for a year and a half. And the last two months I have been out in South Africa with my partner.

Therefore I have no payslips to show, and little money left in my current account. I do have savings tied in an ISA. Can I provide details from a co-sponsor, such as my parents? As my partner has little money either.

I am returning to work tomorrow, so can provide a new work contract.
And I am yet to find somewhere for us to live. Can I give my parents address as evidence of accommodation?

Finally, for the mean time, how much time should be given between the marriage and the expiry of the fiance visa, in order to apply for the spouse visa?

Thank you in advance.

James

Jattboi

Post by Jattboi » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:53 pm

i have just been through a fiance visa application in india was refused recenty. their is strict criteria. ask me.

jturner2706
Newly Registered

Post by jturner2706 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:24 pm

Sorry to hear that... are you looking to try again?

Considering the cost of applying I considered hiring one of the many agencies to help with the process.
But they are so expensive as well, I am hoping that I can find all the answers here and do it myself.

Finger's crossed...

All the best.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:15 pm

3rd party support from family is now permitted as is accomodation.
You have 6 months in which to marry and then apply for FLR(M) 2 year extension visa. Until your wife has been granted Further Leave after the wedding, she will be unable to legally work.

t_kaay

Post by t_kaay » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:59 pm

Submit details and proof of your own savings, even though they are in an ISA. Add a letter from your parents confirming that they are supporting the application and are willing to provide both accommodation and finances if required. Proof of suitable accommodation and proof of your parents savings/income should be sumbitted.

If you have just started back at work, get a letter from payroll confirming your employment details and wages.

Fiancee visa is issued for 6 months validity. So you have 6 months in which to get married and submit for a spouse visa. You can apply for spouse visa on any day up to the end of fiancee visa. As long as you submit the application for the spouse visa whilst the fiancee visa is valid, you are ok.

Wouldn't bother with an agency. I did the same visa all myself and it was granted in 3 weeks on the 1st attempt. Mine was from Pakistan which is known to do the most stringent checks. They only called me to confirm basic details and the visa officer commented that I had provided more than enough evidence for a favourable decision.I did it all myself. As long as you cover all bases and provide proof of all your plans you will be ok.

Ask as much as you want, you can get loads of help here. Don't be tempted to apply quickly. Prepare it all properly and you will reap the rewards.