ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa expiry 7 days before results published - help please

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

student_visa
Newly Registered

Visa expiry 7 days before results published - help please

Post by student_visa » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:22 am

Hi,

I hope you can help.

My visa expires 7 days before my MSc dissertation results are due. SHU will not give me a CAS letter as they do not give letters for students waiting for results. I am in this position due to illness which has been documented and have kept SHU updated regularly on my condition. In light of this, I handed in my disseration but I know was poor and am expecting a referral.

I have tried to reason with the university but they say I will have to return home and apply for an extension, which is ridiculous for the sake of 7 days. All I want is time for my results to come through so it will allow me to either apply for a student extension or PSW visa.

If I have to go home and have failed my dissertation, I will not have access to study materials to resubmit. I will have to wait for a visa to come back and if it is anything like last time, it will take a couple of months. This would get me back to the UK just before the resubmission date, so impossible to rework in a couple of days. It is just a crazy situation!

Does anyone have any ideas of what I could do to to give me the extra 7 days while waiting for the results? I live with my UK partner and have done for over 2 years. Anything I could do there? It seems you have to leave the country to apply for everything.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:00 am

the university is correct they cannot sponsor you whilst you are waiting for your results.

Could you ask if they could consider your dissertation earlier so that if it is a referral as you expect they can then then issue you with a CAS before your visa expires?

Have you submitted a claim for mitigating circumstances regarding your illness as if you have they should take this into account when considering your mark.

If you have to return home and then come back they should give you further time to complete considering the potential delay.

What country are you from and from which post will you be applying?

Regarding the unmarried partner route - please read the guidance here. If you met the requirements you could apply in country.

Guidance:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/partn ... xpartners/

Rules:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... xpartners/

student_visa
Newly Registered

Post by student_visa » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:15 pm

Thanks for your reply Greenie. I'm a little pushed for time at the moment so I'm going to take a better look over the weekend. Looking quickly, I think there might be one part which I could use, thanks.