ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR 12 mnths completion in 3 weeks..can I send Fom AN now?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

loveroy80
Newly Registered

ILR 12 mnths completion in 3 weeks..can I send Fom AN now?

Post by loveroy80 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:31 pm

Hello all,

I fulfil all the requirements for the British citizenship and my ILR 12 months period (minimum) will be compleated in 3 weeks time.

Can I send my citizenship application (Form AN) now, via NCS, or should I wait till the full completion.

Cant hold of the UKBA people over the phone and local NCS won't advice on this matter stating legally they cant. Not sure seen this information in the Guide notes or not.

I can wait another 3 weeks before applying however I have a week of holiday coming up and wanted to sort everything within this holiday by making appointment with the local NCS. Please let me know. Thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: ILR 12 mnths completion in 3 weeks..can I send Fom AN no

Post by geriatrix » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:48 pm

loveroy80 wrote:Can I send my citizenship application (Form AN) now, via NCS, or should I wait till the full completion.
No, unless your case is such that it allows for discretion or that you are applying for naturalisation as spouse of a British citizen.

regards

loveroy80
Newly Registered

Re: ILR 12 mnths completion in 3 weeks..can I send Fom AN no

Post by loveroy80 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:04 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
loveroy80 wrote:Can I send my citizenship application (Form AN) now, via NCS, or should I wait till the full completion.
No, unless your case is such that it allows for discretion or that you are applying for naturalisation as spouse of a British citizen.

regards
My partner is a French national (UK Permanent Resident) ..does it make any difference? I can wait next 3 weeks which means I have to take an unpaid holiday sometimes by the end of Feb to attend the local NCS appointment about which I am not really keen. Any more info?

SunBlue

Post by SunBlue » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:07 pm

You don't need to do it via NCS.
You can post your application.

loveroy80
Newly Registered

Post by loveroy80 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:35 am

[quote="Glauco"]You don't need to do it via NCS.
You can post your application.[/quote]

Thnaks.. I realise that and until now always submitted my applications on my own, which never refused. But at the moment my father is quite ill and if I do through NCS, they will return the passport back which I can use in case of a family emmergency. Thats why not mind paying extra £40 on top of the application fee.

Still waiting for the main information: can I apply 2 weeks prior to my ILR 12 mnths requirements complets?

Please help.

Thanks

Backer
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Backer » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:19 am

You were already given the answer by sushdmehta and its probably no.