ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wedding photos for applying dependant visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nm
Member of Standing

Wedding photos for applying dependant visa

Post by nm » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:55 pm

Hi,

Ist mandatory to have the wedding photos for applying dependant visa? I am planning for judiciary marriage before the formal wedding ceremony and apply my dependant visa. This will help in saving time and i can be able to travel immediately after the marriage.

Could any one suggest the possibilities to do so?
Last edited by nm on Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nm
Member of Standing

Post by nm » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:49 am

DA,

Any one could confirm.

crazyvish

Post by crazyvish » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:38 am

Photos will definitely help with your applications. you don't need to have a proper wedding pictures. Depeding on your religious customs, you can have garlands around your neck and take few pictures with people around you. Is that possible?

suddyg
Newly Registered

Post by suddyg » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:09 pm

No wedding photo is not necessary.
Original Marriage certificate is(preferably in english).

nm
Member of Standing

Post by nm » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:25 pm

suddyg wrote:No wedding photo is not necessary.
Original Marriage certificate is(preferably in english).

Hi,

Thanks for reply, i just concerned as there are chances that the VFS asking for wedding photos..

nm
Member of Standing

Post by nm » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:26 pm

crazyvish wrote:Photos will definitely help with your applications. you don't need to have a proper wedding pictures. Depeding on your religious customs, you can have garlands around your neck and take few pictures with people around you. Is that possible?

Hi,

Is that ok to have a photo as you mentioned.?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:03 pm

If you and your spouse have not lived together for a considerable period (e.g. - you are in UK and spouse in home country), then the onus is on the applicant to prove that the relationship is subsisting.

Wedding photographs may be useful if you two have married recently and your spouse is applying for a dependant visa. But if it's been a while since you have married but have since lived apart, wedding photographs do not prove a subsisting relationship. They only prove that you two married, not that the relationship exists!

See also Dependent EC - evidence of subsisting relationship.

regards
Last edited by geriatrix on Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nm
Member of Standing

Post by nm » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:19 pm

Thanks sushdmehta for the reply.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:00 am

Response to the (edited) opening post:
sushdmehta wrote:the onus is on the applicant to prove it is not a "marriage of convenience".
Therefore, if you follow the same religion / custom as the post suggests, the following may help:
crazyvish wrote:Photos will definitely help with your applications. you don't need to have a proper wedding pictures. Depeding on your religious customs, you can have garlands around your neck and take few pictures with people around you.
Or do something similar as per your customs!

regards

nm
Member of Standing

Post by nm » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:38 am

DA,

Thanks to everyone for the valuable input, i decided to apply on the next day of marriage. I just concerned only due to this reason, however i'll take some pictures and submit it for the visa application.