ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

"UK Dream" is a big Scam to rip us off ?

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

wanted66
BANNED

"UK Dream" is a big Scam to rip us off ?

Post by wanted66 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:53 am

Ok i came to UK on student visa to do my masters in 2007. Spent £10,000 (My life savings) and worked part time and successfully completed my studies. Got into my PSW visa and within few months Endedup getting a good job in my sector. (IT) Life was good and I was hoping I could switch to TIER1 general as i qualify under points and all until the TIER1 Scrap bomb landed on my head. I didn't realized the TIER1 will be gone from April and I don't have time to apply anymore. I still have 7 months left on my PSW and dont know what to do. I got some consultation from a solicitor and he said fingers crossed hoping Govt wont scrap it. My employer is willing to sponsor me but having looked at the limits and 0 COS allocations it seems they have tighten the noose. My question is after spending £10,000 on my studies and working 4 years in UK paying my TAXES and NOT claiming a single penny back and living abiding the law what has this country given me ? This is ridiculous and totally unacceptable BS ! So I wasted 4 years of my life to put my degree and experience in my CV and go back home to a £100 month job ?

Thank you for NOTHING ! This system is a big SCAM..

/End of rage...

jason23

Post by jason23 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:38 am

Mate, understand your feelings but things change all the time, we have to learn to adapt. I am in the same situation as you but we have to look for solutions.

Anyway, if your employer is willing to sponsor you I think you will be fine as there is no limit on Tier 2 for in country applications. So your employer doesn't have to use any of the limit as long as they have COS

wanted66
BANNED

Post by wanted66 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:51 am

jason23 wrote:Mate, understand your feelings but things change all the time, we have to learn to adapt. I am in the same situation as you but we have to look for solutions.

Anyway, if your employer is willing to sponsor you I think you will be fine as there is no limit on Tier 2 for in country applications. So your employer doesn't have to use any of the limit as long as they have COS
Thank you, I know mate but I'm just frustrated with the whole situation. I work extremely hard and talented. I have given my 200% and looking at some of the useless people here claiming asylum and playing the system they don't have the balls to do something about it. (look at all the Kosovians and single mums) They want skilled people but they want to f*ck with us every f*cking year.. F*ck this dude.. This system is CROOKED !

My employer doesn't have COS yet. We're still in the process of applying for one.. But then again I don't have the freedom to chose a job. I will be a slave to my company forever ! I can see how the system is built now. This country is a Big scam and we don't even realize it haha

Thanks anyways.. Sorry no offence meant. Just blaming myself for making the mistake of coming here ! Grr..

viki83

Re: "UK Dream" is a big Scam to rip us off ?

Post by viki83 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:02 am

wanted66 wrote:Ok i came to UK on student visa to do my masters in 2007. Spent £10,000 (My life savings) and worked part time and successfully completed my studies. Got into my PSW visa and within few months Endedup getting a good job in my sector. (IT) Life was good and I was hoping I could switch to TIER1 general as i qualify under points and all until the TIER1 Scrap bomb landed on my head. I didn't realized the TIER1 will be gone from April and I don't have time to apply anymore. I still have 7 months left on my PSW and dont know what to do. I got some consultation from a solicitor and he said fingers crossed hoping Govt wont scrap it. My employer is willing to sponsor me but having looked at the limits and 0 COS allocations it seems they have tighten the noose. My question is after spending £10,000 on my studies and working 4 years in UK paying my TAXES and NOT claiming a single penny back and living abiding the law what has this country given me ? This is ridiculous and totally unacceptable BS ! So I wasted 4 years of my life to put my degree and experience in my CV and go back home to a £100 month job ?

/End of rage...
No need to get disheartened. Its just all confusion that's causing so much problem. You have to have a proper meeting with your boss and explain rules with references to these links as your tier 2 application won't count towards COS limits:

"The Tier 2 (General) route will be subject to a limit of 20,700 places for 2011/12.

This limit will not apply to:
in-country applications from those already in the UK"

Source:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ual-limits

jason23

Post by jason23 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:36 am

Yeah.Sometimes venting the fury helps :wink: . But what is better is to find solutions. I am sure you will be alright, the slave comparison is a bit harsh but what I do believe will happen with the close of Tier 1, is that Tier 2 should become a lot easier for all kinds of employers.So moving jobs may not be as tough as you think.

wanted66
BANNED

Post by wanted66 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:54 am

Sorry guys, I worked so hard in my life and its So frustrating to know your life can change in a flash and you're back to square1. Sorry didn't mean any offence, But I'm VERY upset over this issue. I worked so hard to get to this place and I'm not going back to Square 1. Just annoyed rite now. I'm going to get a bottle of Vodka tonight. It should fix my frustration for the day lol

Thanks for your thoughtful inputs :D :D

Maybe I should stay strong.. F*ck it whatever happens happens !!!

My Apologies :cry:

martincyy

Post by martincyy » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:23 pm

viki83 wrote:No need to get disheartened. Its just all confusion that's causing so much problem. You have to have a proper meeting with your boss and explain rules with references to these links as your tier 2 application won't count towards COS limits:

"The Tier 2 (General) route will be subject to a limit of 20,700 places for 2011/12.

This limit will not apply to:
in-country applications from those already in the UK"

Source:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ual-limits
Are you sure there is no limit on in-country T2 application? I think there is.

manojk005

Post by manojk005 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:13 pm

wanted66 wrote:Ok i came to UK on student visa to do my masters in 2007. Spent £10,000 (My life savings) and worked part time and successfully completed my studies. Got into my PSW visa and within few months Endedup getting a good job in my sector. (IT) Life was good and I was hoping I could switch to TIER1 general as i qualify under points and all until the TIER1 Scrap bomb landed on my head. I didn't realized the TIER1 will be gone from April and I don't have time to apply anymore. I still have 7 months left on my PSW and dont know what to do. I got some consultation from a solicitor and he said fingers crossed hoping Govt wont scrap it. My employer is willing to sponsor me but having looked at the limits and 0 COS allocations it seems they have tighten the noose. My question is after spending £10,000 on my studies and working 4 years in UK paying my TAXES and NOT claiming a single penny back and living abiding the law what has this country given me ? This is ridiculous and totally unacceptable BS ! So I wasted 4 years of my life to put my degree and experience in my CV and go back home to a £100 month job ?

/End of rage...
UK is definitely not a good destination for international tution fee-paying (order of £10,000) genuine students especially M.Sc. & MBA in most of the universities. However, it is magnet for "fake" students in bogus colleges and their family. Again evenif you are working you will rarely be paid good salary except those in finance and investment banking. It is a norm rather than exception. Whatever is paid will be taken by government or service provider or better I say ripped off. Combined with UK government and people attitude towards immigration, Now atleast I do not recommend anyone to come and study/work here especially those who are talented and intelligent. UK is good for average/below average people so UK will make talented people into average.

wanted66
BANNED

Post by wanted66 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:13 pm

manojk005 wrote:

/End of rage...
UK is definitely not a good destination for international tution fee-paying (order of £10,000) genuine students especially M.Sc. & MBA in most of the universities. However, it is magnet for "fake" students in bogus colleges and their family. Again evenif you are working you will rarely be paid good salary except those in finance and investment banking. It is a norm rather than exception. Whatever is paid will be taken by government or service provider or better I say ripped off. Combined with UK government and people attitude towards immigration, Now atleast I do not recommend anyone to come and study/work here especially those who are talented and intelligent. UK is good for average/below average people so UK will make talented people into average.
It's frustrating to know I have been completely ripped off my money and given false promises now in a situation I have to head back home with nothing except a certificate minus 4 years of my life.. Insane. I would never ever recommend anyone to make the same mistake I did.. It's funny how all the dodgy & Fake once are having a good time while the genuine people are suffering.. God Bless this country... Once upon a time UK was a heaven Not anymore mate.. Not anymore :)

fibreman

Post by fibreman » Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:24 am

wanted66 wrote:
jason23 wrote:Mate, understand your feelings but things change all the time, we have to learn to adapt. I am in the same situation as you but we have to look for solutions.

Thank you, I know mate but I'm just frustrated with the whole situation. I work extremely hard and talented. I have given my 200% and looking at some of the useless people here claiming asylum and playing the system they don't have the balls to do something about it. (look at all the Kosovians and single mums) They want skilled people but they want to f*ck with us every f*cking year.. F*ck this dude.. This system is CROOKED !

My employer doesn't have COS yet. We're still in the process of applying for one.. But then again I don't have the freedom to chose a job. I will be a slave to my company forever ! I can see how the system is built now. This country is a Big scam and we don't even realize it haha

Thanks anyways.. Sorry no offence meant. Just blaming myself for making the mistake of coming here ! Grr..

I gave 36000 and now face problems also... many of us are in the same boat, and possibly everything will change now.

On Tier 2, you are a slave... basically, if company fails, u get laid off etc. u have x days to find a sponsor, or pack your shit and go back home... aeven after 4+ years of life in UK...

Without Tier 1, basically, we will all live in fear of tmrw... I hope it goes well for you. I do agree that govt has become extremely hostile to foreign students, legal immigrants... what about illegals? half a mil roam aroudn uk freely... this is a travesty!

I have no choice now but to fight the system till the end...

rajmycontact

Post by rajmycontact » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:39 pm

I agree the manipulation in the system is done only to tighten the noose on specific ethnicity...in which asian countries are counted.

I have a hunch this will be tighten further more by bringing add on's in comping April 2011 like Tier1 or Tier2 dependents cannot work any longer..

May God be with you ...and don't let ur hard work go away in frustration ..keep the rhythm going ..future will be great ..not necessary it has to be in UK

tall_funky
BANNED

Post by tall_funky » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:41 pm

Hi Wanted66,

Have you seen all the options??

Is there no way you can do, what you want to do?

mostpleasing
Newly Registered

Post by mostpleasing » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:28 pm

NO PSW. TOUGH HSMP. WHO IS GOING TO TAKE A RISK OF COMING HERE. EVEN THOUGH IF U INSIST SOMEONE HE/SHE WILL TELL U TO F OFF.

WE ARE OVERHEAD ON THE COUNTRY. THEY NEED TO ACCOMODATE US WITH ALL FACILITIES. IF THEY STOP US WE SHOULD NOT SWEAR. BUT THE QUESTION IS CAN THEY STOP ANYTIME THEY WANT. NO PLANNING...FCUK ALL.

UNIVERSITIES ADVERTISE PSW AND STUDENTS ARE MAKNG THE DECISION THINKING THAT THEY ARE SECURED ATLEAST TO GET THE MONEY BACK WHAT THEY HAVE PAID. WHAT ABOUT THE PROMISES UNIVERSITIES MADE?

GO TO INDIA OR OTHER COUNTRIES U LIKE...OPTIONS ARE OPEN IN SO MANY COUNTRIES. F'SAKE..

fibreman

Post by fibreman » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:35 pm

I agree... with only tier 2 left, it will be a lottery to get any kind of experience for fresh grads.

I would look elsewhere. if you are here, you should try to fight through. This considering coming now, it's really tough. EU nationals, great decision... otherwise there are better destinations.

Remember, nobody promised you a job for life and ability to settle permanently in UK. Still, they should keep promises for those hera already.

tall_funky
BANNED

Post by tall_funky » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:25 pm

mostpleasing wrote:NO PSW. TOUGH HSMP. WHO IS GOING TO TAKE A RISK OF COMING HERE. EVEN THOUGH IF U INSIST SOMEONE HE/SHE WILL TELL U TO F OFF.

WE ARE OVERHEAD ON THE COUNTRY. THEY NEED TO ACCOMODATE US WITH ALL FACILITIES. IF THEY STOP US WE SHOULD NOT SWEAR. BUT THE QUESTION IS CAN THEY STOP ANYTIME THEY WANT. NO PLANNING...FCUK ALL.

UNIVERSITIES ADVERTISE PSW AND STUDENTS ARE MAKNG THE DECISION THINKING THAT THEY ARE SECURED ATLEAST TO GET THE MONEY BACK WHAT THEY HAVE PAID. WHAT ABOUT THE PROMISES UNIVERSITIES MADE?

GO TO INDIA OR OTHER COUNTRIES U LIKE...OPTIONS ARE OPEN IN SO MANY COUNTRIES. F'SAKE..
There is no point shouting here, it will not change anything.

If you think you are treated unfairly, voice your concern/form a group/lobby your MP/ask for justice/petition the govt.

Do something for god sake instead of shouting.

tall_funky
BANNED

Post by tall_funky » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:34 pm

fibreman wrote:I agree... with only tier 2 left, it will be a lottery to get any kind of experience for fresh grads.

I would look elsewhere. if you are here, you should try to fight through. This considering coming now, it's really tough. EU nationals, great decision... otherwise there are better destinations.

Remember, nobody promised you a job for life and ability to settle permanently in UK. Still, they should keep promises for those hera already.
I agree with you fibreman.

However, I still think top 1% Uni. are value for money.

fibreman

Post by fibreman » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:19 pm

tall_funky wrote:
fibreman wrote:I agree... with only tier 2 left, it will be a lottery to get any kind of experience for fresh grads.

I agree with you fibreman.

However, I still think top 1% Uni. are value for money.
Perhaps, but I would ask myself whether the person wants to stay somewhere afterwards... if they do, a local good uni and easier visa procedure might be better than perfect uni in UK, after which u get kicked out, and have to roam around.

Depends on individual cases, yes.

KDS
BANNED

Post by KDS » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:39 pm

Most people who come here to study just come here for that. Only few that comes here to study and try to settle. Even when you apply for visa it’s clearly says you can’t settle and you have to have enough funding etc . what can UK government do when skilled UK citizens can’t get jobs because someone from 3rd world countries do a similar job cheaper.

fibreman

Post by fibreman » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:49 pm

KDS wrote:Most people who come here to study just come here for that. Only few that comes here to study and try to settle. Even when you apply for visa it’s clearly says you can’t settle and you have to have enough funding etc . what can UK government do when skilled UK citizens can’t get jobs because someone from 3rd world countries do a similar job cheaper.
I said, a choice of destination depends on person's desires afterwards. Some just wish to gain a few years experience with work maybe, not even settle.

With unfriendly attitudes to foreign students, and possible harsh changes in psw, uk is not such a good destination anymore.

sunmoon

Post by sunmoon » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:10 pm

KDS wrote:Most people who come here to study just come here for that. Only few that comes here to study and try to settle. Even when you apply for visa it’s clearly says you can’t settle and you have to have enough funding etc . what can UK government do when skilled UK citizens can’t get jobs because someone from 3rd world countries do a similar job cheaper.
mr KDS the argument is not who come here for what ? The students those are arguing for 2 years PSW , they been attracted by the UK Universities by advertising that on completion they will get 2 years PSW visa, Every student who goes to foreign universities have a plan before they fly because the Degree is not cheap its a whole lot of money and lots of them even took loan from bank of their home countries to pay the fees with a hope that after Uni they will work 2 years and will be able to pay the loan back. I guess if the UK home students have to pay the same tuition fees as International student then you will see at least 50% drop in the number of Home students at the Universities. So for the fairness of the policy students who are already at the UK Uni they should get their 2 years on completion. If UKBA say NO, as the FINAL ANSWER, for those dodgy private colleges( Shops' Top colleges) students we should accept it and say thank you, but public funded university degree holder should get it.

moulie18

Post by moulie18 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:53 pm

You mentioned that you paid 10K for study and the gov. gave you nothin...

That is not only apply to you, it applies lots of genuine graduates who became penniless and "usiless" after having their degree...

You are right, I am sorry for you, but some stupid people think that if they reduce the amount of overseas people they will get more space for Britih people to work... Which is bullshit.

Overseas students and employees are the only excuse for the government right now...

wanted66
BANNED

Post by wanted66 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:34 pm

tall_funky wrote:Hi Wanted66,

Have you seen all the options??

Is there no way you can do, what you want to do?
Mate looked at all the options. Just have to live in fear until April to see what govt is going to do :( Hoping for the best.. The whole system is "Corrupted" and recent times I feel the govt is treating all "Highly" Skilled workers like Some Criminals. We are getting Finger printed and put through queues like cattle.. while all the "Asylum Seekers and fake degree holders living happily ever after" Where is the fairness ? This country NEEDS skilled workers. If all skilled workers go home you go bankrupt lol, Whoever came up with the TIER1 scrap idea never did his research !

wanted66
BANNED

Post by wanted66 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:46 pm

moulie18 wrote:You mentioned that you paid 10K for study and the gov. gave you nothin...

That is not only apply to you, it applies lots of genuine graduates who became penniless and "usiless" after having their degree...

You are right, I am sorry for you, but some stupid people think that if they reduce the amount of overseas people they will get more space for Britih people to work... Which is bullshit.

Overseas students and employees are the only excuse for the government right now...
Its simple. If you come to UK illegally and "lose" your passport you cannot be sent back to your country. You're not allowed to work but lot of people do work illegally and dont pay tax of course. Lot of people lie and claim asylum and they either get IRL or Citizenship within couple of years depending on each individual. Lot of people do slip through the system. Some people Marry a UK citizen and settle down. Likewise. There are loads of ways..

My problem is why is it someone come here legally don't have the right to live here without being poked constantly ? Why are we being forced to take "Alternativ/illegal" ways to extend our stay ?

Thats my god damn question..

Grrrrr...

wanted66
BANNED

Post by wanted66 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:51 pm

Oh Please before I came here I had a plan. I didn't just come here blindly. I had a plan and I worked extremely hard to accomplish each step. Everyone's goal in life is to make money and look after their family and I'm no different. What piss me off is the fact that while I paid loads of money for my uni and paid taxes every month and actually contributed to the economy and now I'm being told to f*ck off,, Which is NOT FAIR.

Don't know what sort of visa you're on but happy for your successful life.

fibreman

Post by fibreman » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:31 pm

wanted66 wrote:

Oh Please before I came here I had a plan. I didn't just come here blindly. I had a plan and I worked extremely hard to accomplish each step. Everyone's goal in life is to make money and look after their family and I'm no different. What piss me off is the fact that while I paid loads of money for my uni and paid taxes every month and actually contributed to the economy and now I'm being told to f*ck off,, Which is NOT FAIR.

Don't know what sort of visa you're on but happy for your successful life.
Whoa, mate, slow down :) I'm on your side... read my previous posts. I'm waiting to get psw. I also spent 36k here+ living costs. it is true that legal immigrants are treated like cattle, more and more.

You have no right to benefits, yet you pay for everything, even 4x price in fees, vat etc. We pump money into economy here.

With tier 1 gone, it will all be insecurity until ILR. You get fired, basically pack ur s...t and go back. This system is broken.

Like you said, there are atl 500 000 ilelgals in uk... don't hear anything about that?